Looking for a good BBQ sauce recipe for beef.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rag1

Executive Chef
I have a great sauce that I developed for pork and chicken from my comp days, but never came up with anything for beef.
This would have to be tomato based and not as sweet as stuff used on pork.
Mainly to use on brisket sammys.
If anybody has a killer good one, I would be willing to swap for my pork recipe.
I hope there are still some cooks out there.:D

Rag, you may already know this one, been a while since I used it, but as I remember it was great. “Cinderella Sauce” for Beef Brisket and Beef Short Ribs from the book Smoke and Spice.

1 1/2 cups ketchup
1 cup beer
3/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup cilantro
3 tbsp packed brown sugar
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp ground cumin
1 1/2 tsp ground anise
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp hot sauce

Mix all ingredients in a saucepan, heat to a strong simmer then lower the heat and let cook for 40-50 minutes until it thickens.

Thanks. I'll check it out.
I since have gone to my home library where I have 8 or 10 books on BBQ.
I looked through them and have spotted several good candidate recipes from the likes of Lampe, Stines and Willingham.
Most likely I will wind up with ingredients picked from several recipes, including yours, for my own concoction.
Not seeing a lot of responses to questions here. Not like the old days.
This was a decent place. I again looked at the Brethren site and got turned off again by their wanting a fee. Freaking humps.
Let me know if you want to see what I come up with for a sauce.

I have a great sauce that I developed for pork and chicken from my comp days, but never came up with anything for beef.
This would have to be tomato based and not as sweet as stuff used on pork.
Mainly to use on brisket sammys.
If anybody has a killer good one, I would be willing to swap for my pork recipe.
I hope there are still some cooks out there.:D

Good day Rag.

Have you maybe made your great sauce for pork and chicken available?

Regards

Chris

Hello!

I was looking for a recipe for baby back ribs in the oven and found a sauce recipe with it.

Here I leave it! I think it looks good :eek:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• barbecue-sauce-ingredients.jpg
    barbecue-sauce-ingredients.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 447
  • barbecue-sauce-how-to.jpg
    barbecue-sauce-how-to.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 435
It is a pity that now there are so few chefs who share their favorite recipes with others for free. I've never understood this rivalry between chefs. I found the best combination of ingredients! I'm better than you! Considering that the Internet gives free access to such information, now it looks very stupid. I am very grateful to the people who share their recipes with me! josebbq, would you mind if I use your recipe in recipe cards maker for my restaurant? I understand that you have shared this, but I will still be glad to hear your answer. Know that I really appreciate it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom