Great Wing Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
Here's a sauce I made up the other day after seeing Larry's marmalade sauce.

INGREDIENTS

1 14oz jar of fruit preserves(reduced/low sugar); apricot, peach, apple, etc
1/2 C ketchup
1/3 C honey
1/3 C brown sugar
1/4 C soy sauce (low sodium)
2 t minced garlic
1 t minced dehydrated onion flakes
2 t Siracha hot sauce(Larry used 1/3 cup but that's way too hot for the wifey and daughter, or to taste)

DIRECTIONS

Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat and cook until onion and garlic are soft.

I used apricot the other day. This sauce was excellent on wings and would probably be great on any chicken or pork.

Here's a sauce I made up the other day after seeing Larry's marmalade sauce.

INGREDIENTS

1 14oz jar of fruit preserves(reduced/low sugar); apricot, peach, apple, etc
1/2 C ketchup
1/3 C honey
1/3 C brown sugar
1/4 C soy sauce (low sodium)
2 t minced garlic
1 t minced dehydrated onion flakes
2 t Siracha hot sauce(Larry used 1/3 cup but that's way too hot for the wifey and daughter, or to taste)

DIRECTIONS

Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat and cook until onion and garlic are soft.

I used apricot the other day. This sauce was excellent on wings and would probably be great on any chicken or pork.
Okay, I love sweet sometimes too. But, I always wonder when someone lists “low sugar” ingredients and then dumps a bunch of sugar in anyway. I just don’t get it. What am I missing?

Okay, I love sweet sometimes too. But, I always wonder when someone lists “low sugar” ingredients and then dumps a bunch of sugar in anyway. I just don’t get it. What am I missing?
Brown sugar has a different flavor from the granulated sugar usually used in preserves.

Back
Top Bottom