Yummy, then the head ache.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
I made my world famous Christmas Pralines..
  • 2 cups brown sugar
    [/*:m:9468mhm0]
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 cup cream
  • 3 cups pecans
  • 1 tablespoon Cayenne pepper[/*:m:9468mhm0]
Boil everything except the pecans to about 238 degrees.
Then keep stirring and remove from burner.
Add the pecans and coat evenly.
Scoop out spoonfuls onto a buttered cookie sheet and let cool.
Then eat all of them and get a sugar rush!!! Yum!!!

dsc031317787578fu3.jpg

They look good SS but they don't look authentic. Lookin at the recipe you used too many pecans. They should have way more candy/suger & less pecans. Yours look like "Pecan Clusters" A sweet & yummy cajun candy

There are also 2 types of pralines, chewy & sugar

Man this batch was awesome. I added more pecans because I love them like that. Time to bag them up and make some faces smile!!!! :D

looks great SS, can never have too much candy this time of year. Wife been making candy all week, I'm gonna gain 10 pounds, lol.

mar52 said:
Oooh, thanks for the recipe. Do they have a good kick from the cayenne?
The Cayenne isn't too spicy when added to that much sugar. I can't really explain the taste.. Make a batch and taste them.. You'll love them.. :D

Those look great SS and what a wonderful gift to receive. Nothin better then getting a gift that someone put some time and effort into...well done.

007bond-jb said:
Bruce B":2nturmtb][quote=surfinsapo]Man this batch was awesome. [b]I added more pecans because I love them like that. [/b]Time to bag them up and make some faces smile!!!! :D[/quote] So there jb!!![/quote] Hey Bruce :butthead: Here's another link: [url="http://www.louisianagifts.com/louisiana-gift-61.html said:
http://www.louisianagifts.com/louisiana-gift-61.html[/url]

Mimi's is sold loacaly at the farmers market where Cajun Power stuff is sold.[/quote:2nturmtb]

These went with in minutes at work and the fishing shop. Not one complaint. It's just friggin candy. But, really put 1 teaspoon of cayenne in them and see what you think... I have orders for more now too... ;)
thanks for the links. I can't see buying something that can be made so easily... :shock:

Sapo,

Quick question about the stirring instructions. Do you need to stir the mixture until it starts to thicken before adding the pecans???

thanx
Al

Use a deep pan. i just got that mixture all over my kitchen. Dont walk away like I did. Taste great though. Thanks.

Hey Sapo..thanks for the recipe sir. Looks deliciouso in my book. Now just got to get the Warden back to cracking some pee cans. I got a backyard full of pee can trees ya know? They grow sorta like the Mesquites Juicaches do for yall. Know whut I mean? I hate to get rough with her. Neva know when they learn to dial 911 and hubby goes to jail. Its a tough world out there. Fortunantly Osama gonna save us all. :LOL:

bigwheel

Uncle Al said:
Sapo,

Quick question about the stirring instructions. Do you need to stir the mixture until it starts to thicken before adding the pecans???

thanx
Al

Yes. it will thicken as it cools... Main thing is to get the syrup to 238 degrees for a minute and then remove from burner and still and add pecans... I hope no one used a frying pan to make them.. Use a medium sauce pan since it will bubble up and could over flow.. I have made two batches already and will be making many more before the Big Day... Christmas... ;)

Back
Top Bottom