Yummy Egg Rolls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

big dude

Sous Chef
For those of you who know Chef Chez, his cooking style is to see what's on hand then create something from it. The wife did it for lunch today. Had some eggroll wrappers, left-over anasazi beans and cabbage in the fridge and pork from yesterdays cook. She made up an eggroll of the meat, beans, slaw, and BBQ sauce and deep fried - they were a delicious, fairly quick, easy lunch - said she meant to add green onion but forgot. Maybe some cheese would have been good too. Those little eggroll wrappers are sure versatile.

big dude said:
For those of you who know Chef Chez, his cooking style is to see what's on hand then create something from it. The wife did it for lunch today. Had some eggroll wrappers, left-over anasazi beans and cabbage in the fridge and pork from yesterdays cook. She made up an eggroll of the meat, beans, slaw, and BBQ sauce and deep fried - they were a delicious, fairly quick, easy lunch - said she meant to add green onion but forgot. Maybe some cheese would have been good too. Those little eggroll wrappers are sure versatile.

Yum those sound great!

If you have any pork and wrappers left, mix the pork with cream cheese and green onion and then put a dollop of the mixture in half a wrapper and fold into a triangle and then fold to make the corners touch to make pulled pork rangoons! Dip in your favorite BBQ Sauce!

Nick Prochilo said:
I looked the other day for egg roll wrappers and couldn't find any. I'm gonna have to look again!

At wally world they in the frige case by the cheese & bolony,
You gotta "Pay Attention" cause its a small area for their display

big dude said:
Larry - those do sound good - do you deep fry them?

Yes, for about 30 seconds.

Nick Prochilo said:
I looked the other day for egg roll wrappers and couldn't find any. I'm gonna have to look again!

They're in the vegetable section around here.....

My wife says their in the produce section around here. I'm going shopping in a little while and I'm gonna take a look and see. Trouble is, all I have left over now in the fridge is pasta! :?

Nick Prochilo said:
My wife says their in the produce section around here. I'm going shopping in a little while and I'm gonna take a look and see. Trouble is, all I have left over now in the fridge is pasta! :?

Hmmm....pasta stuffed rangoons...add cheese and herbs if you have any handy! Dip into Itallian Dressing!!

Back
Top Bottom