Yummy Egg Rolls - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > Corporate Administration > General (Non-BBQ) Discussion
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-09-2009, 01:01 PM   #1
Graduate of BBQ Central


 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Greenback, Tn
Posts: 617
Yummy Egg Rolls

For those of you who know Chef Chez, his cooking style is to see what's on hand then create something from it. The wife did it for lunch today. Had some eggroll wrappers, left-over anasazi beans and cabbage in the fridge and pork from yesterdays cook. She made up an eggroll of the meat, beans, slaw, and BBQ sauce and deep fried - they were a delicious, fairly quick, easy lunch - said she meant to add green onion but forgot. Maybe some cheese would have been good too. Those little eggroll wrappers are sure versatile.
__________________

__________________
East Tennessee = Almost Heaven South
Klose offset pit
Stumps Classic
Cabela gas vertical smoker
Ducane gas grill
http://bigdudesramblings.blogspot.com/
big dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:06 PM   #2
Official BBQ Central Mark
 
Larry Wolfe's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bealeton, Virginia
Posts: 14,969
Re: Yummy Egg Rolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by big dude
For those of you who know Chef Chez, his cooking style is to see what's on hand then create something from it. The wife did it for lunch today. Had some eggroll wrappers, left-over anasazi beans and cabbage in the fridge and pork from yesterdays cook. She made up an eggroll of the meat, beans, slaw, and BBQ sauce and deep fried - they were a delicious, fairly quick, easy lunch - said she meant to add green onion but forgot. Maybe some cheese would have been good too. Those little eggroll wrappers are sure versatile.
Yum those sound great!

If you have any pork and wrappers left, mix the pork with cream cheese and green onion and then put a dollop of the mixture in half a wrapper and fold into a triangle and then fold to make the corners touch to make pulled pork rangoons! Dip in your favorite BBQ Sauce!
__________________

__________________
Larry Wolfe
Visit the Wolfe Pit
Wolfe Rub Recipes
Larry Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:15 PM   #3
Graduate of BBQ Central


 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Greenback, Tn
Posts: 617
Larry - those do sound good - do you deep fry them?
__________________
East Tennessee = Almost Heaven South
Klose offset pit
Stumps Classic
Cabela gas vertical smoker
Ducane gas grill
http://bigdudesramblings.blogspot.com/
big dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:13 PM   #4
Moderator
 
Nick Prochilo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Long Island, N.Y.
Posts: 16,367
I looked the other day for egg roll wrappers and couldn't find any. I'm gonna have to look again!
__________________
I hope this isn't negative!
Nick Prochilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:14 AM   #5
Official BBQ Central Mark
 
007bond-jb's Avatar


 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Baton Rouge La
Posts: 6,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Prochilo
I looked the other day for egg roll wrappers and couldn't find any. I'm gonna have to look again!
At wally world they in the frige case by the cheese & bolony,
You gotta "Pay Attention" cause its a small area for their display
__________________
BBQ Shaken Not Stirred
He who don't cook, better not complain
Why limit happy to an hour
Yes beer qualifies as an appetizer


BOY!

http://www.youtube.com/user/007bondjb
007bond-jb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:25 AM   #6
Official BBQ Central Mark
 
Larry Wolfe's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bealeton, Virginia
Posts: 14,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by big dude
Larry - those do sound good - do you deep fry them?
Yes, for about 30 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Prochilo
I looked the other day for egg roll wrappers and couldn't find any. I'm gonna have to look again!
They're in the vegetable section around here.....
__________________
Larry Wolfe
Visit the Wolfe Pit
Wolfe Rub Recipes
Larry Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:19 PM   #7
Moderator
 
Nick Prochilo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Long Island, N.Y.
Posts: 16,367
My wife says their in the produce section around here. I'm going shopping in a little while and I'm gonna take a look and see. Trouble is, all I have left over now in the fridge is pasta!
__________________
I hope this isn't negative!
Nick Prochilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:24 PM   #8
Official BBQ Central Mark
 
Larry Wolfe's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bealeton, Virginia
Posts: 14,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Prochilo
My wife says their in the produce section around here. I'm going shopping in a little while and I'm gonna take a look and see. Trouble is, all I have left over now in the fridge is pasta!
Hmmm....pasta stuffed rangoons...add cheese and herbs if you have any handy! Dip into Itallian Dressing!!
__________________

__________________
Larry Wolfe
Visit the Wolfe Pit
Wolfe Rub Recipes
Larry Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.