Your favorite brand of spaghetti sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am 100% sure Jim's comment was not attacking anyone. Kinda obvious he was kidding. But to his defense, he did ask for recommendations for store bought sauces, not recipes. (Larry's ducking for cover) 8-[

So did ya make lasagna after all that?

I don't make it with cottage cheese or spinach myself ... a mix of grated edam and mozza is a nice twist ... I like to layer in fresh sliced mushrooms if they aren't in the sauce ... a bit of fresh grated parmesean or asiago is great too ... I like the broad noodles that have to be boiled instead of the ready to bake noodles

dang ... now I want lasagna ...

haven't made it yet, it's for a get together next month. I don't make it much in summertime. I also boil the broad noodles, use ricotta and fresh grate parm and chedder, italian sausage for the meat, red wine cooked through the sauce (which may be better with homemade), and my favorite herb for this...lots and lots of fennel seed. It's all in layering.
Each layer of noodles gets spiced, parmed and fenneled.

ok, some good tips there too ... haven't tried ricotta .... why in the freaking *&^*%^$ didn't ya want to make your own sauce?? it's like the main ingrediant in your lasagna?? :grin: lazy ... :D

not only lazy, but I'm an Englisherter. Acutally, half Irish, half Scot, which means I like to drink but I don't like to pay for it. Either way, I've never done it. I'll give it a go, but if it sucks, you're all responsible!!!!! :-X :-X :-X :rant: :rant: :rant: :tant: :tant: :newb: :newb: :-k :-k :vent: :vent: :read: :antismile: :boing: :beach: :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom