Your best hamburger recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Burgers

Imho, to get the very best burgers, you will need to grind your own meat. This way you can also cook them to a much lower finish temp and feel safe in your results. The lower the internal finish temp in the meat, the more juicy the burger should come out after the quick cook.

I like to cook the burgers right in the tip of a very hot charcoal flame for about 2-3 minutes a side. Cook to no more done than medium rare for the best results.

img_188851_0_0e914fca2b79616c0ea40d81d1cd0b1d.jpg

These are JUICY burgers and the taste is out of the world. Just put one of these on a toasted bun and take a big bite and let all that flavor juice squirt into your mouth and you will understand just how good a burger can be. This kind of burger needs nothing else.

These burgers are about 35% fat and fat is flavor. I like to use the tails off of my ribeye loins for the additional fat that I grind into my burgers. I also use the fat I cut off of my competition briskets as well.

img_188851_1_764c57204d8104bd6efb6b5dcb598fd6.jpg

This is some of the beautiful fat I use that has been cut off of my ribeye loins.

I always tell folks that the more white the ground meat looks after grinding, the better the final product!

There is also a good hamburger website out there that has some good recipes. http://aht.seriouseats.com/

swampsauce said:
Captain Morgan said:
simple makes sense, but it's not as much fun.

Doesn't anyone have even a little recipe trick?

Hank Hill likes onion soup mix in his.

No woos?
No onions in the meat?
no mix of sirloin and short ribs like Cooks Illustrated says?
no beef base?

come on, I want to make a burger that rocks!

DAMN, i GAVE YOU A RECIPE THAT ROCKS! :twisted:
Sorry it is too simple. :LOL:

yeah but I didn't know which bbq sauce you use. :eek:

Ok, I'm picking up an 80/20 grind of sirloin tomorrow from
my butcher. Think I'll keep it simple.

Re: Burgers

Old Dave said:
Imho, to get the very best burgers, you will need to grind your own meat. This way you can also cook them to a much lower finish temp and feel safe in your results. The lower the internal finish temp in the meat, the more juicy the burger should come out after the quick cook.

I like to cook the burgers right in the tip of a very hot charcoal flame for about 2-3 minutes a side. Cook to no more done than medium rare for the best results.

img_188860_0_0e914fca2b79616c0ea40d81d1cd0b1d.jpg

These are JUICY burgers and the taste is out of the world. Just put one of these on a toasted bun and take a big bite and let all that flavor juice squirt into your mouth and you will understand just how good a burger can be. This kind of burger needs nothing else.

These burgers are about 35% fat and fat is flavor. I like to use the tails off of my ribeye loins for the additional fat that I grind into my burgers. I also use the fat I cut off of my competition briskets as well.

img_188860_1_764c57204d8104bd6efb6b5dcb598fd6.jpg

This is some of the beautiful fat I use that has been cut off of my ribeye loins.

I always tell folks that the more white the ground meat looks after grinding, the better the final product!

There is also a good hamburger website out there that has some good recipes. http://aht.seriouseats.com/

Tell ya sumthin else you can do with fat, Render it down to oil (tallow)& mix it 50-50 with shortning. Makes the best damm frenchy frys in the world. Micky D's used to use a beef tallow blended oil befor the trans fat police jumped they butt :LOL:

Sorry to jack the thread :roll:
Never mind, it's Cappy thread.
Who cares :LOL:

Well... hate to say it... but some of the best burgers have a little S & P on them and some good grilling. However, I have been known to turn a new burger out now and again. 2 of my favorites are below.

This one is easy

Chipotle burgers...
Just what it sounds like. Chop up as much chipotle in adobo as you like and mix it in with the ground beef. Add S & P you are good to go. I also mix a little of the adobo with some mayo to make a little sauce for these.

Second is a pork burger... careful they don't shrink

1 # ground pork
2 T Cajun seasoning - I make my own to avoid
2-3 scallions green parts only chopped
S & P

I have made a remoulade with Cajun seasoning and garlic for this before and that was tasty too.

I make 6 oz burgers and that works pretty well since they don't seem to shrink. I also think high heat is much better here as they turn white when done and the extra heat gets some color on the outside without drying them out.

Well that boy man enough to be eating them Chipoltes in Abodo got to have some Texican in the chromosomes. Them biotches are muy caliente.

bigwheel

Well thanks for that double grinding tip. Have to give that a whirl one of these days. Those brisket burgers shore are high in the flavor department. Ya know somebody on here mentioned one time that if a person would grind a whole untrimmed packer it would stick together good enough to make sausage out of it. Now if fat is really where the flavor it at..that would give you a bunch and if the hypothesis be true should make it hang together in burger form also. I have always purty well defatted grinded briskets and the result is still plenty greasy meat. This would be about in the range of a trimmed brisket at the store.

bigwheel

JamesB said:
I grind briskets (like when they go on sale for $.99lb) into burger meat for various uses and vac pak... The best thing I've found to keep hamburger patties together is to run the brisket meat through the grinder at least twice... dunno why it works, but it does.

bigwheel said:
Well that boy man enough to be eating them Chipoltes in Abodo got to have some Texican in the chromosomes. Them biotches are muy caliente.

bigwheel

I always felt like Texas was calling! :LOL: My wife is convinced as I love hot and spicy tex mex food. :)

Well sounds like your Little Bride is a smart lady. At the risk of being redundant all over again will say the only way most of us Tex Mex folks can tell when it's time to eat is when the coola quits burning. :LOL:

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom