You can't win!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodman1

Executive Chef
Well, last week I thought I'd get all my girls something from the catering money I've made so I bought my wife a new set of Emerilware Stainless Cookware. Then a few days later, I bought my youngest (13) daughter a new Fender Stratocaster guitar. My oldest got mad and said that I favor the youngest so yesterday, while in Michiana on business, I bought my oldest daughter a $200 "Coach" purse. She loved it, but now my wife is mad because she says I don't think of her as a "girl" because I bought her cookware instead of a "girl" present like a coach purse! I thought if I tried to slip her the bone, it would show her how much I actually did think of her as a girl but she wasn't buying it. What did I do wrong?

Woodman said:
Well, last week I thought I'd get all my girls something from the catering money I've made so I bought my wife a new set of Emerilware Stainless Cookware. Then a few days later, I bought my youngest (13) daughter a new Fender Stratocaster guitar. My oldest got mad and said that I favor the youngest so yesterday, while in Michiana on business, I bought my oldest daughter a $200 "Coach" purse. She loved it, but now my wife is mad because she says I don't think of her as a "girl" because I bought her cookware instead of a "girl" present like a coach purse! I thought if I tried to slip her the bone, it would show her how much I actually did think of her as a girl but she wasn't buying it. What did I do wrong?

Duh, she is a WOMAN. You'll never be able to figure them out.

"Women, you can't live with them and you cant kill them"

I Googled it for you :grin:

Top 10 Gifts a Man Should Never Give a Woman

1. Electrical appliances (unless she asks for them).

2. Cleaning equipment (this is definately a no, no).

3. Cooking utensils (unless you want to wear your dinner).

4. A gift for yourself and pretend it is for her.

5. Cheap perfume (no matter how fancy it looks, you will never fool her) .

6. Clothes (even if you have impecable taste, clothes are a woman's pleasure).

7. Cubic zirconia jewelry (if it's not diamonds it's not worth having).

8. Flannel lingerie (only silk will do).

9. Gift certificate for weight watchers (you will be signing your own death warrant).

10. Anti-wrinkle cream (would you like her to buy you acne cream?)

Woodman said:
I thought if I tried to slip her the bone, it would show her how much I actually did think of her as a girl but she wasn't buying it. What did I do wrong?

You offer here a little gift like that and think thats going to work....( I see this post heading to the blue room)

The guitar isn't a "girl" gift...mention that!

The purse would have made the oldest fit right in at M of O...luckily she got out before it was too late!

As far as the wife goes...you should have lead with the "bone" first and then given her the Emrilware...it would have put her in a great mood after your disappointing performance in the bedroom!! :eek: :grin: :grin: :grin:

To sweeten her mood, I suggest a romantic night on the town and a nice bottle of Abruzzi!! :!: :(

Woodman said:

In the first place, you tried. If you don't make that fatal mistake, then you don't have this tremendous stress and guilt that will eventually put us all down for a dirt nap much earlier than need be.

Depends on how much meat is on the bone. :) But seriously, the only way out is to buy two more guitars, two more sets of cookware and two more purses. That way they won't have grounds to complain and when they return the gifts they don't really want, they will have some cash to buy the stuff they want.

Sell the cookware and buy some cigars. That will show her. You are already in the doghouse, unjustifiably, so who cares what you do at this point. The more extreme you react to her reaction the less likely it is she'll do it a second time. Be a man for once. :!:

Hey Bubba,

Maybe the next time he cooks ribs, he can save the bones and put them in his back. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I have a feeling you was in my neck of the woods this week. I live in Lagrange County, Indiana. I can't tell you where you went wrong. I am the type who always appreciates any gift and so much the better if it's something for my kitchen. Cooking isn't a chore to me (most of the time anyway), it's a hobby so I'm always hinting around to Les what gadget I want next. LOL

As was stated, you'll never figure out women and how they think. I am one and I still can't figure out other women.

allie said:
I have a feeling you was in my neck of the woods this week. I live in Lagrange County, Indiana. I can't tell you where you went wrong. I am the type who always appreciates any gift and so much the better if it's something for my kitchen. Cooking isn't a chore to me (most of the time anyway), it's a hobby so I'm always hinting around to Les what gadget I want next. LOL

As was stated, you'll never figure out women and how they think. I am one and I still can't figure out other women.

Now thats a woman!!!!!!! =D> Your a lucky man Les. Better hang onto that one. 8-[

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Now thats a woman!!!!!!! =D> Your a lucky man Les. Better hang onto that one. 8-[

YA...BAREFOOT AND PREGNANT..IN THE KITCHEN WHERE SHE BELONGS !!

(I can be pretty tough when my wife, three daughters and grand daughter aren't around and will never see this)

John,
We'll just start a new thread with your quote when they get back. Hmmm. when will they be back? :grin:

john pen said:
[quote="Bill The Grill Guy":9sq3xxwg]

YA...BAREFOOT AND PREGNANT..IN THE KITCHEN WHERE SHE BELONGS !!

(I can be pretty tough when my wife, three daughters and grand daughter aren't around and will never see this)[/quote:9sq3xxwg]

I KNOW you're talking about your NEXT wife!!!!!!!!

John, I thought you told me the "Old Battle-Axe" would never figure out how to get in here? :eek: :eek:

Back
Top Bottom