WWIV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kloset BBQR said:
wittdog said:
America as a society is heading towards the working poor…..The middle class carries the burden not the rich….and the middle class is shrinking….

Yes the middle class is shrinking because more people are moving into the upper class.

Who makes up the poor? Generally those that have no marketable skills, dropped out of school, came from generations of single parents or no parent homes. Why do first generation immigrants that come into this country with nothing make it and certain classes of Americans don't. It's called work ethic ! It's a capalistic society and it works. Fortunately if you are unfortunate to be poor in this country, you still have a much higher standard of living than most in other countries.

Yes the middle class is shrinking because more people are moving into the upper class. :ack:
I hope you don't believe that....

The middle class does not carry the burden. What nonsense.
According the IRS, the in 2003 (last year that figures are available):

Total income taxes collected = $747,939,000,000

The Top 1% of tax payers (making $295,495/yr & up) paid 34.27% of all taxes collected.
The Top 5% of tax payers (those making $130,080/yr & up) paid 54.36% of all taxes collected.
The Top 25% of tax payers (those making %57.343/yr & up) paid 64.86% of all Taxes collected.
The top 50% of tax payers (those making $29,019/yr & up) paid 96.54% of all taxes collected.
The bottom 50% of tax payers (those making less the $29.019/yr) paid a whopping 3.46% of all taxes paid.

Source: http://www.taxfoundation.org/taxdata/show/250.html

Does not include payroll taxes (FICA)
Add state taxes, payroll taxes, property taxes and sales taxes, well I think the "Rich" are getting soaked enough.

DATsBBQ said:
The middle class does not carry the burden. What nonsense.
According the IRS, the in 2003 (last year that figures are available):

The Top 1% of tax payers (making $295,495/yr & up) paid 34.27% of all taxes collected.
The Top 5% of tax payers (those making $130,080/yr & up) paid 54.36% of all taxes collected.
The Top 25% of tax payers (those making %57.343/yr & up) paid 64.86% of all Taxes collected.
The top 50% of tax payers (those making $29,019/yr & up) paid 96.54% of all taxes collected.
The bottom 50% of tax payers (those making less the $29.019/yr) paid a whopping 2.95% of all taxes paid.

Source: http://www.taxfoundation.org/taxdata/show/250.html

I think the "Rich" are getting soaked enough.

DAT's... not to argue, but... You can only have 100%. Something isn't right with your info.

Just a mild point .... the>>>> yearning to be free<<<< thingy, came from a poem, by EmmaaLazarus, that is placed at the base of the Statue of Liberty, A poem in not a legal document...If that were the case, we could follow Janice Joplin's poems, and chase " white rabbits" :eek: , leagally

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,

With conquering limbs astride from land to land;

Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand

A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame

Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name

Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand

Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command

The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she

With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Bobberqer said:
Just a mild point .... the>>>> yearning to be free<<<< thingy, came from a poem, by EmmaaLazarus, that is placed at the base of the Statue of Liberty, A poem in not a legal document...If that were the case, we could follow Janice Joplin's poems, and chase " white rabbits" :eek: , leagally

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,

With conquering limbs astride from land to land;

Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand

A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame

Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name

Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand

Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command

The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she

With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Come on now Bob, don't you know me well enough to recognize my high brow attempt at levity for what it was? Hmmm? Get it? Statute of Liberty? Hmmmm?

Jersey BBQ said:
Somebody PLEASE send DatsBBQ some pictures of BBQ Pits for his web page. Apparently he has NOTHING TO DO.... GEEZ that dude needs to find something to do other than watch Fox News and get so ticked off... HOW ABOUT FIRING UP YOUR BBQ ?
Agreed =D>

Let this thread die........If it was the TexasBBQ site we would all be banned by now...Greg please for the love of god, allah, budda, and everyother diety...Lock this #@%$%$*^(&(&)))&^&%$#%@&$^(&))^%$#&$()thead out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom