WTF?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Finney said:
I guess they still haven't figured out that you are 'that' Larry Wolfe yet.

Yeah I think you're right! I've never had service like this before! But...............the repairman has not been here or fixed it yet............

I'm always pleased to hear when American companies have good customer service. Try to get good service on goods made in China.

Griff

speedtrap said:
Griff said:
I'm always pleased to hear when American companies have good customer service. Try to get good service on goods made in China.

Griff
Oh you can but first you have to speak with the Lead Supervisor in India who then puts you in touch with the corporate trouble shooting dept in Korea before accepting your complaint in Mexico all the while sending a Russian Repair man with Metric Sockets to your house in a Toyota. [smilie=lol_xtreme.gif]
Better watch the Toyota thing :shock:

speedtrap said:
Griff said:

Griff
Oh you can but first you have to speak with the Lead Supervisor in India who then puts you in touch with the corporate trouble shooting dept in Korea before accepting your complaint in Mexico all the while sending a Russian Repair man with Metric Sockets to your house in a Toyota. [smilie=lol_xtreme.gif]

To the best of my knowledge, every Toyota that is made is now made in America. The "Majority" of the "American" cars are made in Mexico or Canada I believe. So even if I was not a very loyal Toyota person, I would be happy the repair man came to my house in an American built Toyota that provided jobs for Americans, unlike "American" cars and trucks. On a side note, at least with the Toyota you know the repairman will be able to make it to your house without breaking down! :shock:

Larry Wolfe said:
speedtrap said:
Griff said:

Griff

To the best of my knowledge, every Toyota that is made is now made in America. The "Majority" of the "American" cars are made in Mexico or Canada I believe. So even if I was not a very loyal Toyota person, I would be happy the repair man came to my house in an American built Toyota that provided jobs for Americans, unlike "American" cars and trucks. On a side note, at least with the Toyota you know the repairman will be able to make it to your house without breaking down! :shock:

Unless he runs into a Mercedes on the way. :roll:

speedtrap said:
Larry Wolfe said:
speedtrap said:
Griff said:

Griff

OK Strike the Toyota and Change it to Opal. :oops:

Guess I never looked at it that way was just refering to everything being Foreign. I really did like my Toyota Tundra but I drive a Chevy Tahoe now so the Whole family can fit...

Have you seen the new Tundras?? They are bad ass!!!

A local dealership gave me a Hybrid Highlander for a few weeks to drive around...got to turn it in today...gonna miss it, like it a lot. Full powered, squeals wheels when you floor it, 32 mpg in the city. Had the Hybrid Camry for 3 weeks also, nice as well, but I'm too big for cars. :oops:
Camry got 40 mpg in the city.

speedtrap said:
Larry Wolfe said:
speedtrap said:
Griff said:

Griff

OK Strike the Toyota and Change it to Opal. :oops:

Guess I never looked at it that way was just refering to everything being Foreign. I really did like my Toyota Tundra but I drive a Chevy Tahoe now so the Whole family can fit...[/quote]

If your family was a bunch of Japs, they would fit in the Toyota! :LOL:

You're only a "one week" type celebrity? I had you figured for at least a month! Big dissapointment . Biiiiiiiiiiiii-iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig dissapointment! (Read like Andy) ;)

actually it was around 5 weeks...and both came with a full tank of gas which I never had to fill up...and that was goooooooooood.

All good things come to an end. The repairman came and within 10 minutes installed the new glass. Then handed my wife a bill for $159 (labor). To make a long story short, we both went round and round with GE and I paid the $159 just so the poor repairman could leave. However, I'm PISSED and I'll pursue this until I get my $159 back.

Here's a letter I just sent to "7 On Your Side", it's a local news channel that assists people with solving consumer problems. I'm off work tomorrow and more people are going to be contacted regarding this issue. This is letter number one of many that will be sent out. Because goddamnit, had someone gotten hurt GE would have paid everything just to cover their ass. But seeing as nobody got hurt I guess they think I'm gonna bend over and let them do the deed to me and not fight back?? Here we go, another phucked up problem I have with customer service people!!!

To whom it may concern,

I would like to submit a problem to 7 On Your Side to see if they are able to help assist solve a consumer safety problem. On 20 January 2007 my wife was cooking a pot of chili on the our GE Glass Top Stove. She took the lid of to stir the chili and set the lid on the left side of the stove top that was not on or being used. After a couple of seconds the left side of the glass top literally exploding with enough force to blow the metal lid and pieces of glass approximately 3 feet in the air. I am in a wheelchair and I have a 4 year old daughter that frequently helps me cook, had I been cooking with her this day the outcome would have possibly turned out different. I immediately attempted to contact General Electric, but they were closed for the weekend. First thing Monday morning I contacted them and explained what happened. The first lady I spoke with said I would have to pay for the repair in full because the stove is out of warranty (the stove is only 2 years old, and is indeed out of warranty). I was not satisfied with this response, so I contacted their Consumer Affairs Division and explained what happened to the Customer Service Rep. I spoke with. She stated she would expedite the service and would wave the total cost of the repair. At this point I’m satisfied this is going to be repaired, no cost to me since it was a mechanical defect. But I’m still concerned with the glass breaking again in the future.

The GE repairman came on 25 January 2007 and replaced the glass and handed my wife a bill for $159.00 for the labor. She called GE and explained to them they had told me on Monday, 22 January 2007 the repair would be fixed free of charge. They said they would not pay the labor cost of the repair since the stove was out of warranty. I then made a phone call myself to the GE Headquarters and spoke with a “Ms. Littleâ€

$159 is cheap...a new stove costs more than that! You won't get a response from your news department...I'll tell you why in a PM! ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom