WTF?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This type of failure should not happen. That said, here's a suggestion for a "quick 'n dirty" workaround if you have this type of cooktop. Take a small file, and file a small notch on the bottom edge of each pot lid. If you set the hot lid on a cold surface, the notch will allow air to flow under it as it cools, preventing the formation of a vacuum. The notch would not interfere with the normal use of the lid, as far as I can see, since the bottom edge of the lid doesn't contact the pot during use.

Larry D. said:
This type of failure should not happen. That said, here's a suggestion for a "quick 'n dirty" workaround if you have this type of cooktop. Take a small file, and file a small notch on the bottom edge of each pot lid. If you set the hot lid on a cold surface, the notch will allow air to flow under it as it cools, preventing the formation of a vacuum. The notch would not interfere with the normal use of the lid, as far as I can see, since the bottom edge of the lid doesn't contact the pot during use.

Very good suggestions Larry! I will certainly do this, cause now to be honest with you, I'm scared to let my little girl into the kitchen anymore! Thanks Larry!

wittdog said:
It's to much work cooking on a stove top....my guess is he trades it in for a microwave :D

Ahh...so I can get him a sign just like the one I got my wife

"I serve 3 meals...
frozen
microwave
takeout "

Explosion?

Hey Larry, could it have been the rub?????????
Just kidding. Glad no one was hurt.
Smoke On!!!!!

cflatt said:
wittdog said:
It's to much work cooking on a stove top....my guess is he trades it in for a microwave :D

"I serve 3 meals...
frozen
microwave
takeout "
C, I know it's highly unlikely.....but are our wives sisters?? :shock:
My wife needs that sign :LOL:

Puff said:
cflatt said:
wittdog said:

"I serve 3 meals...
frozen
microwave
takeout "
C, I know it's highly unlikely.....but are our wives sisters?? :shock:
My wife needs that sign :LOL:

LOL...you can tell when Mrs. Puff isn't home by Puff's posts... ;)

Nick Prochilo said:
Larry, bad news, the stove top is being delivered by the company that delivered your pit last year! :twisted:
I think it might be the company that delivered his bro's WSM :shock:
[smilie=a_doh.gif]

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Smokey_Joe":3v33ks0n]Thinking of bad news and Larry... I hope something else bad had happened recently.....

Isn't the saying..."Bad things come in threes"???

I know about the truck
and now the stovetop...

please say there was something else bad really soon/close before those?

Have you seen his face?[/quote:3v33ks0n]
[smilie=a_doh.gif] :shock:

Nick Prochilo said:
Larry, bad news, the stove top is being delivered by the company that delivered your pit last year! :twisted:

UPDATE: Got home last night and there's a big box with a "Emergency Fed Ex" shipping label on it. It's the glass from GE!! The guy will be here tomorrow between 8-5. I'm thoroughly 1000% satisfied with GE thus far!! This started off as a possible nightmare in the makings, but GE is certainly making it into a very pleasant experience!!

Back
Top Bottom