WTF?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Woodman said:
CarolinaQue said:
Woodman said:
First off, what kind of real cook, has an electric stove top?

The kind that doesn't live in a house where natural gas hasn't been run through yet. You have any idea how much it costs to tap into a main gas line?

I also find it interesting that you diss on one who has an electric stove top, but you had a problem with a serious side affect of burning natural gas? Don't get me wrong, I much rather prefer cooking with gas versus electric, but they both have pro's and con's.

Larry, sorry to hear about the stove top problem. But atleast no one was hurt!

Tim

Get a bottle then! ;) In all honesty, there is NO PRO for an electric cook top top except convenience! I had electric as a boy and in my early married years and IT SUCKS!!!!!!!! :twisted:

My, some one seems a bit pretentious. I would have expected a gas range to be more convenient as it heats faster?

Not sure that I understand the reason for needing a bottle? A bottle of/for what?

I won't argue that gas is superior to electric. But not every one that is a great cook has the ability to have a gas range.

Kinda like BBQ pits. It doesn't matter if it's a Klose/Lang/Bates, or a home made one out of a 55 gallon drum. If you don't know what you're doing in the first place, it doesn't matter how good the equipment is your using. It's the skill level of the person using it!

But that's just my humble opinion.

Tim

Nick Prochilo said:
Tim, Woodygas was talking about bottled propane gas!

My folks cant get a gas hookup to their house so dad got a bottle, amazing how little a cooktop uses

cflatt said:
Nick Prochilo said:
Tim, Woodygas was talking about bottled propane gas!

My folks cant get a gas hookup to their house so dad got a bottle, amazing how little a cooktop uses

That's what I will have to do here. We have no gas run in the street so it's gonna be bottled for me.

I've already ordered the hookup for the house when we move back down. now i just gotta find what range I want.

Larry,
Sorry to hear about your cooktop. Glad no one was hurt. Hopefully you still are under warranty and can get it fixed.

Sorry to see your cooktop shattered.

I am glad to read no one was hurt.

I have a Whirlpool Gold stove that looks identical. If someone thinks that I am not a real cook because it is electric well they can kiss my grits.

Greg Rempe said:
Tim, we are all pretentious here! ;)

...And this is a good thing in what context? Especially when trying to expand the humbleness of BBQ? Or have we forgotten our roots?

Not trying to start a fight, but have always thought that the my way is better than your way mentallity didn't project the true humility of what BBQ is known for. I may be way off base in these here parts though?

Tim

Hey Tim.... pssssssssssstttt.... usually when someone adds the ;) symbol to the end of their post.... it usually means they are just joking around and aren't making a SERIOUS statement.

Greg put the hose down.... Tim... RUN before he sprays you down... ;)

see how that works? ;)

Smokey_Joe said:
Hey Tim.... pssssssssssstttt.... usually when someone adds the ;) symbol to the end of their post.... it usually means they are just joking around and aren't making a SERIOUS statement.

Greg put the hose down.... Tim... RUN before he sprays you down... ;)

see how that works? ;)

Thanks for the clarification Joe. I thought it was implying something else? With every new forum...one must learn the inner working and personality quirks to understand.

Tim

My oh my! I was not putting anyone's abilities down, (except Larry's! ;) )! Diva and Carolina, please do not take it the wrong way! Gas is a superior cooking medium for a stovetop. It is not even open for debate. The food you cook on an electric cooktop will taste just as good! It is just more of a hassle for the cook. Now , in some cases, it will NOT taste just as good. Wok cooking DOES NOT WORK ON ELECTRIC!!!! It does not even work well on most commercial gas cooktops. Not enough BTU's. IMHO, you need 40-60,000 btu's to do it correctly. Since I bought my pit, which has these type of burners, I finally can make full use of a wok!

Woodman said:
First off, what kind of real cook, has an electric stove top?

Only thing I can think of that would make someone less of a real cook is one that uses store bought Roux from a jar!

UPDATE on the stove crisis -

Phone call #1 - Called at 8am sharp talked to the GE Service Dept. Thought things were going well until the lady said she would add the glass to the cost of the service call. Blood pressure went up immediately, voice volume increased and I was redirected to Consumer Affairs. Spoke with another lady and explained exactly what happened. She immediately asked if anyone got hurt. I figure that's pretty standard considering the circumstances and didn't really think much of it. So she put me on hold and came back and said the soonest appointment their service people can get out is Monday. Before I blew a gasket, she replied "which is unacceptable, considering the nature of the problem "she" wants someone out immediately" (I'm impressed so far w/GE), I hope I'm not jixing myself though. She took my information and is going to call me back with a sooner date and time. Stay tuned........

Phone Call #2 - GE just called at 9:30am, they've ordered the new glass and will be here to replace it on Thursday between 8-5. Only way I could be happier is if it didn't ever happen in the first place, but they've really impressed me with their customer service!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom