WTF?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greg Rempe said:
$159 is cheap...a new stove costs more than that! You won't get a response from your news department...I'll tell you why in a PM! ;)

$159 is not really the issue. The issue is the glass shouldn't break from lid resting on it and GE should not tell you it will be fix FOC then charge you! Again, the out come of the whole incident was very fortunate for those involved as well as GE. Had someone gotten hurt I would own GE and have "Neeewwwww Friends" (Ron White)

Greg I'm waiting on your PM..........

GE didn't charge you, the contractor they hired to do the install charged you for his labor, you paid nothing for the glass top.

$159 for 10 minutes work ???? even if he charged you a show up fee of $75, that's $504 n hour !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: ....he'd be hard pressed to get that outta my wallet.. you might also want to contact Dept. of Consumer Affairs, since you are in the writing letter mode, about the charge by the repair guy

Bruce B said:
GE didn't charge you, the contractor they hired to do the install charged you for his labor, you paid nothing for the glass top.

I know that! My point is regardless who did the repair, why should "I" the consumer be responsible for fixing a manufacturers defect? The repair should have been paid 100% by GE, because the glass should not break the way it broke. Had something cold been placed on the hot glass or if something were dropped on it, then it would be my fault.

Nick Prochilo said:
Bob, don't be egging him on! Wait until GE see's all he wrote in this thread, they might end up owning Wolfe Rub! :LOL:

Nick, we need to go into the GE glass top repair business,, would be very profitable till the Mason season opend up in the Spring :LOL: lol

Way to work in the wheelchair angle. I started misting up as soon as I saw that :cry: You should have told the about being being "high functioning" as well :D :D :D :D

You may have been a victim of a scam Larry. I knew of some independent guys that would do this trick all the time. Here's how it works. I get a fax from the warranty dept. it reads Part shipped to customer APL ( all parts and labor ) So I go do the job and tell the customer after the job is done they have to pay labor. So I get paid for the labor twice! Once from the factory and once by the customer. I NEVER did this myself because that's not how I roll. Bet if you call your bank that check was cashed that day you wrote it! Sorry man I think you won't see a penny. I could have cheated many people out of lot's of money when I was in the field. But I never did and always got a good night sleep.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
You may have been a victim of a scam Larry. I knew of some independent guys that would do this trick all the time. Here's how it works. I get a fax from the warranty dept. it reads Part shipped to customer APL ( all parts and labor ) So I go do the job and tell the customer after the job is done they have to pay labor. So I get paid for the labor twice! Once from the factory and once by the customer. I NEVER did this myself because that's not how I roll. Bet if you call your bank that check was cashed that day you wrote it! Sorry man I think you won't see a penny. I could have cheated many people out of lot's of money when I was in the field. But I never did and always got a good night sleep.

Some folks don't have a conscince(sp), others, like Pigs are just good honest folks!

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:

I wasn't scammed, I spoke with the "High Ups" at GE Headquarters, this is their SOP. If I recall the last thing I said to the woman I spoke with was "this is total ********" and then I hung up.

Woodman said:
Way to work in the wheelchair angle. I started misting up as soon as I saw that :cry: You should have told the about being being "high functioning" as well :D :D :D :D

Actually I wasn't using the wheelchair as an "angle", this time........ I was/am really concerned with the close proximety of my head/neck to where the glass exploded. This concern is also valid for children, wheelchair users and dwarfs! :D

Puff said:
Seven pages about a broken stove :roll:
What's wrong, wake up on the wrong side of the van this morning? :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom