WSM bottom vents siezed up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griff

Master Chef
The bottom vents on my WSM are damn near impossible to adjust. One moves, one takes a lot of force, and the third one will bend and not move. I gotta get it ready for the Frozen Few. Any suggestions?

Like Pigs said, WD-40. Let it set in for an hour or so and give it another shot and let it set in for a while then try to move it easy!

WD-40 sucks. Get some PB Blaster!
101077_front200.jpg

I would NOT use WD-40. Griff light a chimney of charcoal and pour it in the charcoal ring, thenjust put the lid on with the top vent half way open. That should create enough heat to loosen up the vents. Then spray cooking oil on them if you want.

spray with cooking oil, take a hammer and whack the vertical flaps
sideways gently until it breaks free...spray again and you should
be fine.

ScottyDaQ said:
WD-40 sucks. Get some PB Blaster!
101077_front200.jpg

Thats great stuff...I buy it by the case !

WD40 is actually a water displacer (WD)..great for spraying on wet spark plug wires !

I keep all my sliding mechanisms on the pit..hinges etc sprayed down with PAM. Dont think I would want to go using WD 40 or its equivalent on surfaces that close to the chow line.

bigwheel

So lets see, some folks have pits made out of old oil tanks and we're worried about a little squirt of WD-40?
3.gif
Just burn it out after you work them free.

Well wouldnt be above using the stuff..just aint seen any use to give up PAM as of yet. Seems to work just fine.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
I keep all my sliding mechanisms on the pit..hinges etc sprayed down with PAM. Dont think I would want to go using WD 40 or its equivalent on surfaces that close to the chow line.

bigwheel

Finally someone with some sense! Thank you Jeff, you can't teach these Yanks nuttin. Who in their right mind would spray WD-40 or anything non-edible on any part of a grill. Guess the cold up North is freezing their brain cells.

Larry Wolfe said:
bigwheel said:

bigwheel

Finally someone with some sense! Thank you Jeff, you can't teach these Yanks nuttin. Who in their right mind would spray WD-40 or anything non-edible on any part of a grill. Guess the cold up North is freezing their brain cells.

You're fat!

Thanks for the in-put. First, I have to build a fire and eliminate the frozen factor. It's been below zero nights and single digit days lately. Then I'll try Pam and resort to WD 40 if the Pam doesn't work.

Greg Rempe said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":v517gjc5]
bigwheel said:

bigwheel

You're fat![/quote:v517gjc5]

I'm fat and crippled.....................................and employed!

Well actually have to give credit to the Cap'n on the cooking spray idear..he mentioned it first. He may not look like much but he a purty smart feller ya know? So naturally..if it dont work as good as WD 40 yall can blame him. Let us keep the rope and the hawg knife handy. :LOL:

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom