WRB JB style Chicken Mod Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
Tested out the burner I bought a month ago on some chicken with WRB..
Thanks Cajun Kangaroo for your help with the project.. The ultimet test
will be a big ole pork butt...Enjoy the video Yall.....

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="437" height="370" id="viddler"><param name="movie" value="http://www.viddler.com/player/c809cb42/"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><embed src="http://www.viddler.com/player/c809cb42/" width="437" height="370" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" name="viddler"></embed></object>

Nice video SS. Chicken quarters are good to test stuff with. ;)

I have always been told that galvanized pipe will flake off on the inside when used with gas. I am sure it takes a long time for that to happen but you may consider using black iron or brass for that the pipe nipple just to protect the burner.

Cliff H. said:
Nice video SS. Chicken quarters are good to test stuff with. ;)

I have always been told that galvanized pipe will flake off on the inside when used with gas. I am sure it takes a long time for that to happen but you may consider using black iron or brass for that the pipe nipple just to protect the burner.
Ok Cliff.. I will convert over for safety.. You might have just saved me some $$$$... Thanks.. Is it snowing where you live? It's snowing in the pan handle of Texas...Just damp and cold down here with strong winds..Time for some homemade chili scotty's style!!! :D

Another great video.

Does the meat have a propane taste? The very first gas grill I purchase in 1986 I could taste the gas flavor but after awhile I couldn't taste it anymore...either because I got used to it or it simply went away.

cleglue said:
Another great video.

Does the meat have a propane taste? The very first gas grill I purchase in 1986 I could taste the gas flavor but after awhile I couldn't taste it anymore...either because I got used to it or it simply went away.

I didn't taste any propane.. I could smell some at first then it went away.. It was just an experiement.. That burner rocks too. I can hook it up for blackend fish or fried food too.. It gets real hot fast...

Great Video SS& good job on the conversion. If the air mixer (venturi) is ajusted correctly for clean burning you should not taste gas natral or LP
Store bought gas grills have a fixed air venturi.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom