Worst day of my life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
Well after having one of the best Christmas's I could remember, I had the worst day of my life. Most of you know my son is in the Marines and was home for Christmas. ( One of the reasons it was so nice) He has been stationed in Hawaii for the last 2 years and my wife and I were real happy about that. In March he is shipping out to Iraq and this morning when he left to go back to Hawaii, I started to wonder that this could be the last time I see him. What a god awfull feeling I've had all day today, my stomach is still turning thinking about this. Zilla, you've been down this road more than once, when does the feeling go away?

Nick Prochilo said:
Well after having one of the best Christmas's I could remember, I had the worst day of my life. Most of you know my son is in the Marines and was home for Christmas. ( One of the reasons it was so nice) He has been stationed in Hawaii for the last 2 years and my wife and I were real happy about that. In March he is shipping out to Iraq and this morning when he left to go back to Hawaii, I started to wonder that this could be the last time I see him. What a god awfull feeling I've had all day today, my stomach is still turning thinking about this. Zilla, you've been down this road more than once, when does the feeling go away?
Man...my heart goes out to you...I'm guessing the feeling never goes away

Nick, I don't know what to say other than I am thankful for your son and his service and thankful for you that you are the kind of man and father who raised him to be the kind of man who would feel this deeply for his country.

I will keep him and all our service people in my prayers.

Nick if you didn't feel this way, I'd have to wonder what kind of parent you are. Your heart is doing exactly what it's supposed to.....I'm sure deep down (as much as he won't probably admit it) I'm sure your son is feeling similar.

My 18 year old daughter leaves for boot camp the first week of March 07'.... I know it's a far cry from Iraq... but I can only imagine your worries.

KEEP WORRYING.... that is what will bring him back home SAFE! If he's out of your thoughts and prayers....then he's at a BIG disadvantage.

My thoughts and prayers go out to ALL who give themselves to our country and our freedom......and their families too. GOD BLESS

I'm guessing that feeling will never go away...... not as long as you remain a loving caring parent.

Nick, I couldn't even imagine...just keep the faith and you know everyone here will be praying....

Nick, it's gotta be really tough. Just keep refocusing on how proud you are of him. We'll help with the thoughts and prayers.

Griff

My folks felt like that everytime I left from leave. Know that you son has the best training in the world and the guys that got his back are the best in the world. Personally, I would feel safer with him, even in Iraq, than I would by myself in some neighborhoods in Denver. God, Corps & Country. Keep the faith and it will work out.

Nick, my heart goes out to you. I only have daughters, and I know how hard it is just to send Kim back to college after the holiday. Can't imagine sending her to a war zone. I'll remember both your's and Zilla's boys in my prayers. Woodreaux

Nick, I can't even begin to imagine how you're feeling........................ Stay strong for your son and be proud of him for his courage, pride and unselfishness to serve our country!! You should be proud of the Marine you raised. He and his fellow Marine will get eachother home safe and sound......................... for Dads BBQ! Let your son know we're proud and thankful for his service as well!!

Semper Fi !!

"OoRah"!!!

Well Nick he's your flesh and blood so he's gotta be a smart, bright person. He'll take care of business, look after his own and be back in no time. ;)

Big Mike said:
Hey Nick. I'm afraid the feeling will not go away until he comes home. However, you must stand strong for your son because as a former service member I can guarantee he is experiencing the same feelings.

Write him as often as you can. Buy a bunch of cards and mail one every day or so with just a little note. Nothing keeps your spirits up like getting mail. My wife would write me a letter every day. She has no idea what those letters meant to me.

I feel for you brother. May the lord keep your son from harm.

That's a great idea.....I don't know how much your son knows of your relationship with the board but if you wanted to post his address maybe some of us would like to send him some thank you cards or other notes of encouragements. That could help him out plus it might give you some feeling that others are thinking about your son. Just a thought

well I've pondering over this trying to think of something
to say. All I can say is that I've met many many
folks who have come back from Iraq. And I have a
feeling our time there is coming to an end more quickly
than politicos care to admit. Let us know if he needs
a Care Package when he gets over there, we'll all
send him one.

Marine???

You and that wonderful young man have our thoughts and prayers!!!!!

My nephew goes back to the sand dunes for his 4th and final tour in February.

I pray every day for them all and have now added you and your son to my personal list.

Smoke On!!!!!

ed

Nick Prochilo said:
I thank each and everyone of you fine folks for your thoughts and prayers. I'll post his address as soon as he gets there! Thanks again.

Hey Nick..also, maby a list of the stuff he can use out there so we can send care packages...

Back
Top Bottom