Worst day of my life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
img_94396_0_fa76583f19bef1479393a218816a661e.jpg

Thoughts, thanks, and prayers out to your son and your family and may God give you the strength and resolve to make it through.

Nick, I know what your going through. I will pray for your son until he is safely out of harms way. How does a dad get through it? You just do, somehow. I opened a MySpace account just so I could check for a heart beat. I know that my son can't pass by a computer with out logging into his MySpace acct. (kind of like us with BBQ forums) That helped a whole bunch. When he was in Tal Afar he called almost daily because it was a model city(Ha!). When he moved to Ramadi (Al Unbar Province) I never heard from him and his computer access was limited, so that was harder. I also had access to his bank acct. and I could go online and see his ATM transactions to check for a heart beat there. That sounds desperate right? But that gave me comfort. When does the worry go away? Never! Brian spent 13 months in country and I never got used to it. I purchased parts for his M-4 that they were short of and sent them over there. I sent him Christmas presents, birthday cards, letters, wet wipes, beef jerky, homemade cookies and tons of other stuff. I don't know if it helped him but it sure helped me. You have to play it by ear. Find out what city he is in. That will tell you a lot about what he is doing. Today my son left for Germany after three weeks stateside for R&R. He has two months to go then he hits Ft. Benning, Ga. and then?......He may go right back, we don't know. Keep us posted, it really helps to talk about it. Take care bro!

Z

I cannot even imagine what you guys are going through. It is tough on us just having a daughter at college. We hold our breath and pray when she makes the 2.5 hour drive back and forth to OSU. God bless your sons and may he bring them back to you safely.

Back
Top Bottom