Working now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Many of you have emailed me and PM'd me about the VERY SLOW load times! I have been in contact with the support staff and a Server Administrator is looking in to this matter. I hope to have an update for you by tomorrow morning.

Oddly enough, around 3pm or so, the forum was going VERY fast between page clicks...which makes this all the more frustrating! :?

Thanks you all for you patients! 8) I am trying as hard as I can to figure out why this is happening!

FYI...there may have to be a pruning of the GD section...that was mentioned in passing...no confirmation yet.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzWhat? Sorry, I was asleep. Sorry Greg, I think you should get while the getting is good. THIS SUCKS! Time to move on. I seriously think it's not going to get better. They have the cash and don't care. Just a thought. :cry:

Greg, do you maintain your own phpbb software or do you have someone else do it? It has taken me 16 minutes to load this forum, login, find this thread, and post this reply. I'm not really convinced that this is a host issue....feels more like the forum software to me.

I may be wrong, but I maintain my own forum software and this just doesnt appear to be host related.

gator said:
Dude, Its smoking now, what did you change>?

Well, in the overall header, above the "BBQ CENTRAL LINK to Amazon" there was the banner ad code...I removed it.

After evaluation, I thought that during the change, something happened and the openads ad software wasn't able to access the banner ad database and load them in...so it was waiting to connect to it...then after 60-70 secs gives up and loads the rest of the page.

Make sense to anyone else?

So, I have contacted my openads guy to resolve the issue.

Greg Rempe said:
gator said:
Dude, Its smoking now, what did you change>?

Well, in the overall header, above the "BBQ CENTRAL LINK to Amazon" there was the banner ad code...I removed it.

After evaluation, I thought that during the change, something happened and the openads ad software wasn't able to access the banner ad database and load them in...so it was waiting to connect to it...then after 60-70 secs gives up and loads the rest of the page.

Make sense to anyone else?

So, I have contacted my openads guy to resolve the issue.

Whatever you have done Greg, LEAVE IT ALONE! The board is running lightening fast now and it's wonderful! Great work!

Back
Top Bottom