Work Bench Grill Restorations.. progress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Div

Senior Cook
Well I decided to put a work bench downstairs to start doing some grill restorations and mabye some old wood furniture that we have lying around that needs to be refinished so Im posting my progress here to see if anyone comes up with any decent ideas while im working on it cause im not much of a builder or fabricator so we'll see how it goes lol ....

Point im at right now is putting filler in where I countersank the bolts for the top of the table and waiting for the back panel there to dry ...

table1.jpg

table2.jpg

table3.jpg

table4.jpg

table5.jpg

table6.jpg

Thinking about here ... taking this board which is 78 inchs long and cutting it down to 3 26in pieces and making three shelves out of it ...and putting them up against the black board there... the other side of the board im probably going to tack in some small pieces of scrap wood and put up a big piece of peg board on the left side of the shelves..

table7.jpg

First coat of pecan wood stain .... wood filler ... ehh sanded down flush but not really the right color but hey its a work bench ...

table9.jpg

table8.jpg

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Love the idea. But the main work surface looks a little too low. If your going to do prep on it, it will kill your back. Just my .02

Pigs

Almost 3ft so being 6'1 thats a pretty good height ...

table10.jpg

table11.jpg

table12.jpg

table13.jpg

Second and final coat of stain

table14.jpg

Been slacking a bit on getting this thing done cause I have had to use it for some computer repairs lately but this is almost done I would say....still have some room to clean out and some shelves to put up as well as im having an electrition come in and run me an outlet str8 from the box since its about 6 feet away, should be simple enough.

almost.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom