Wood grill handles...any interest?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hayden McCall

Assistant Cook
New to the site, and I like what I'm seeing so far. :) I was a poster on TVWBB for a good while, but haven't posted anywhere for several months.

I wanted to see if there was interest amongst you folks in wood handles for your kettles and smokers. Weber has long since changed over to plastic/composite handles...and while they function admirably, they just don't have that classic look.

My uncle has been working on creating handles using a variety of exotic hardwoods. I told him I'd kick some tires and see if it wasn't something would garner some more widespread attention.

I'll have pictures of the prototypes available in the next month or two.

All thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

Well I think the wood handles might go over if the price point is reasonable. Then again, a lot of us are utilitarian when it come to the extras.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your suggestions on my burger post.

Smokey Lew said:
Well I think the wood handles might go over if the price point is reasonable. Then again, a lot of us are utilitarian when it come to the extras.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your suggestions on my burger post.

Yeah, the grilling crowd always seem to be a handy and resourceful group. That notwithstanding, these handles promise to be on the epic side of things. They're going to be some real beauties, with some exotic wood choices (desert ironwood, buckeye burl, tulipwood, etc) to choose from. I'll get pictures and let everyone else judge on aesthetics, quality, and ultimately a price point they'd be willing to pay. If it works on both sides, we'll give it a go.

Back
Top Bottom