Wolfe Stock has begun.........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wdroller said:
How were the baked beans? Didn't see the recipe. Always looking for a better pot of beans.

I believe Bill took his Ginnie Beans. I love em...try em once even if they don't sound good to you..

Growing up we called these Ginnie Beans

One large can of Show Boat beans (24 servings)
One lb sausage, I like Jimmy Dean
One onion
One green pepper
1 tbs fennel seed
1/4 c brown suger
3/4 c ketchup
1/4 c viniger

Brown the sausage, add the onion pepper and fennel seed. Drain the beans, add to a 1/2 pan and combine all ingrediants. Bake covered at 350 for 45 min or until bubbly.

Captain Morgan said:
wdroller said:
How were the baked beans? Didn't see the recipe. Always looking for a better pot of beans.

I believe Bill took his Ginnie Beans. I love em...try em once even if they don't sound good to you..

Growing up we called these Ginnie Beans

One large can of Show Boat beans (24 servings)
One lb sausage, I like Jimmy Dean
One onion
One green pepper
1 tbs Finney seed
1/4 c brown suger
3/4 c ketchup
1/4 c viniger

Brown the sausage, add the onion pepper and Finney seed. Drain the beans, add to a 1/2 pan and combine all ingrediants. Bake covered at 350 for 45 min or until bubbly.

Does anyone have spell check on their computer?? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Captain Morgan said:
For those who don't know, Finney seed is merely a combination of black and white peppercorns.

Don't forget about the ever popular, yet tasty, Yolanda seeds! Mmmmm, makes my mouth water at the thought!

Captain Morgan said:
um, about that recipe.....the mushroom and crab recipe...... [-o<

Well, I suppose I can part with the recipe... that is if Bill and Larry thought that they were worth eating. :grin:

T'will be forthcomming.....

Gary in VA said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":2kgvsk5w]um, about that recipe.....the mushroom and crab recipe...... [-o<

Well, I suppose I can part with the recipe... that is if Bill and Larry thought that they were worth eating. :grin:

T'will be forthcomming.....[/quote:2kgvsk5w]

Does this answer that question?

Larry on his second pan

Captain Morgan said:
I've never had that Gary, what's it like?

The cabbage was good... but I think the consensus was that it could use a bit more pizzaz .. Larry definately didn't overdo it. It was still firm.. not mushy which was a plus cause I dont like mushy veggies.

Gary in VA said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":3rabuc9l]I've never had that Gary, what's it like?

The cabbage was good... but I think the consensus was that it could use a bit more pizzaz .. Larry definately didn't overdo it. It was still firm.. not mushy which was a plus cause I dont like mushy veggies.[/quote:3rabuc9l]

Yep Gary's right, it needed more seasoning. I went straight by Keri's original recipe since I'd never done it before. Next time it definitely will get more seasoning, maybe some meat stuffed into the hole.

Rev.Jr. said:
I always find life to be better when you stuff meat into the hole.

Maybe if I rubbed some Reverend Marvins sauce on my meat before inserting it into the hole, it would jazz it up!

I do this process often as a side for get togethers. I use bacon grease or a good sausage for the fat filler. I usually smoke a couple of onions along side. Cut the stem side and hollow it out a little. Add beef boullion and a fat filler. Cut it all up together, spice it with Tony's and let it ride. It'll gas up a party pretty quick.

Good Q!

Jack

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom