Witt & Pigs At Georges

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ

Master Chef
Had a great morning at Georges store, Met wittdog and family there about 10:00 am But George doesn't open till 11:00 am so we used "The back door" ( some how that doesn't sound right ) I finally surrendered his chair that he left after the party I only charged him a pound or sausage for ransom. We did a swap, He gave me two huge links of sausage (again, That some how sounds not quite right ) and some Canadian bacon. He picked up a really cool tool for his pit, But I wont disclose what it was, Your going to have to wait for pics.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Had a great morning at Georges store, Met wittdog and family there about 10:00 am But George doesn't open till 11:00 am so we used "The back door" ( some how that doesn't sound right ) I finally surrendered his chair that he left after the party I only charged him a pound or sausage for ransom. We did a swap, He gave me two huge links of sausage (again, That some how sounds not quite right ) and some Canadian bacon. He picked up a really cool tool for his pit, But I wont disclose what it was, Your going to have to wait for pics.

We enjoyed as well; hubby will probably post in the morning when he gets home from work. We are planning to cook up those ribs tomorrow (also part of the swap) --they look great!

As for his sausage... I'm a big fan myself :wwnn:

Wittdogs B said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":ii5vw6g5]Had a great morning at Georges store, Met wittdog and family there about 10:00 am But George doesn't open till 11:00 am so we used "The back door" ( some how that doesn't sound right ) I finally surrendered his chair that he left after the party I only charged him a pound or sausage for ransom. We did a swap, He gave me two huge links of sausage (again, That some how sounds not quite right ) and some Canadian bacon. He picked up a really cool tool for his pit, But I wont disclose what it was, Your going to have to wait for pics.

We enjoyed as well; hubby will probably post in the morning when he gets home from work. We are planning to cook up those ribs tomorrow (also part of the swap) --they look great!

As for his sausage... I'm a big fan myself :wwnn:[/quote:ii5vw6g5]

some things are best left for the blueroom! #-o

Ya know, That's what barbecue is all about. Dave, George and I had a great ramble on chicken yesterday, Three guys that do things differently. But we all agreed chicken is good. My wife Val is the only one who is right 100% of the time. Just as all you folk are right 100% of the time. That's what makes barbecue fun for me. :D

We had a very good time, talking Q and busting chops.......what's funny is we all had different view points on everything even what type of tape to put on the WSM prior to drilling the hole.....I'm cooking the ribs that pigs gave me today with a rack of beef ribs on Buford and I'm doing 4 butts on the WSM for a buddy from work.....It was another good and expensive trip to AIH I picked up some wood Oak, Hickory, another BBQ book Paul Kirks Sauce book, and a glow in the dark Tel Tru Therm for the WSM....I took advantage of the rain to install it and build a wind screen yesterday.

One of my team mates bought one of those because he was too lazy to get out of the motorhome to check temps at night. They are pretty cool!

Spice said:
One of my team mates bought one of those because he was too lazy to get out of the motorhome to check temps at night. They are pretty cool!
I prefer to think of it as working smarter not harder... :razz:

Amateurs...I have a closed circuit security camera with an RCA plug on it. I mounted the camera on a board focused on my thermometer. The camera's cord is 80' long and mounts to an input on my TV. All I have to do is hit the input button on the remote and the thermometer is on the TV. Hit it again, back to whatever I was watching. $40 from Harbor freight. :tv: :tv:

Uncle Bubba said:
Amateurs...I have a closed circuit security camera with an RCA plug on it. I mounted the camera on a board focused on my thermometer. The camera's cord is 80' long and mounts to an input on my TV. All I have to do is hit the input button on the remote and the thermometer is on the TV. Hit it again, back to whatever I was watching. $40 from Harbor freight. :tv: :tv:
With the guys on this forum that would be a pay per view.......Bubba you are a super genius....Can't wait to meet you at Oinktoberfest.

Uncle Bubba said:

wittdog said:
Uncle Bubba said:
With the guys on this forum that would be a pay per view.......Bubba you are a super genius....Can't wait to meet you at Oinktoberfest.

And which of you guys doesn't use foil? LOL

Uncle Bubba said:
Too cool Bubba, would that be the Harbor Freight cheap tool emporium?
I have a store close to me 8-[

I have a cheaper system. I have my wife go out every 15 minutes and report back what the temp is at. :fam: The dog likes the exercise (he's old and I like the brief bit of quiet! :grin: Sometimes the dog just goes on the recon, but he's not good at reporting back ](*,)

DATsBBQ said:
I have a cheaper system. I have my wife go out every 15 minutes and report back what the temp is at. :fam: The dog likes the exercise (he's old and I like the brief bit of quiet! :grin: Sometimes the dog just goes on the recon, but he's not good at reporting back ](*,)
:lmao:
Now Dats the way to do it =D>

Back
Top Bottom