Wireless Thermometer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlueMoon1

Assistant Cook
I have had a wireless for quite some time but it decided not to work anymore. I was looking at some new ones but they do not have the metal shielded wires that my old one had. Has anyone used these? Do the rubber coatings stand up to heat? I don't want to ruin a good piece of meat when the wire burns through. Thanks for any input.

BM

I have had a wireless for quite some time but it decided not to work anymore. I was looking at some new ones but they do not have the metal shielded wires that my old one had. Has anyone used these? Do the rubber coatings stand up to heat? I don't want to ruin a good piece of meat when the wire burns through. Thanks for any input.

BM

Here's what you need. He's the cheapest you're gonna find and Maverick's are all I have ever used with success. Tell Finney, Larry said 'Hey'.

Maverick ET-732

Yes Larry is right, but look at this one, the only difference I see is the price.

Remote Thermometer

$39.95, and I think they come from the same manufacturer

Thanks for the input. I believe those have the metal shielded wires. I was hoping someone had already tried the rubber coated to see if they stand up to the heat.

Thanks for the input. I believe those have the metal shielded wires. I was hoping someone had already tried the rubber coated to see if they stand up to the heat.

Are they actually rubber, or are they a Teflon-type product? I have never seen a rubber coated probe wire, but I have seen several different types of Teflon-type, thermoplastic coated wires, and they work as well as the metal braid. By this, I mean that you can still burn them out if you aren't careful with overshooting the temperatures.

BOB

Hey Larry..I passed on the Larry/Finney special offer probe deal to some other folks in a bit wider audience. He might be getting some calls. I told them it was a manly man type thing seems like.

I have an old single prob Maverick which come from Williams Sanoma and has their name wrote on it too. That has been in the family for many moons. It takes a licking and keeps on ticking. Some of the reviews I read on the things do not sound to effusive but I have no complaints on mine other that it cost too much buying at crazy places as mentioned.

Ive got a whole box full of broken ET 73's... They are great when they work but don't seem to last for me... Don't know of another remote with similar features...

Bigwheel uses a thermometer ? I'm shocked!
Good point. Hold your hand over the fire and count to...(that's where that one loses me and I end up with a burnt hand!) Bigwheel's got a buddy (DL) that'll argue with a health department inspector about which is more accurate, his hand count method or a Thermapen. :rolleyes:

Glad to repoat it was a birthday gift from the Warden many moons ago. It like to have got wore out from folks trying to get a little alchyhol induced shut eye on the overnight brisket phase of a comp or two. Otherwise not much good for the bbq hobby. Now for other more temp critical endeavors could see where it might be considered indispensable.

Bigwheel uses a thermometer ? I'm shocked!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom