Will A WSM Fit In My Dishwasher?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:

You bet ya buster. :LOL: As the wife went to a B-Day party and the wind is blowing mighty good. I figured why not. Now you know now for sure I aint right. :roll: :LOL:

If I did that I'd be calling her my ex-wife. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Why did you want to clean it..It was my understanding that the "gunk" (for lack of a better term) helped seal the pieces and lid and keep it airtight ???

Inquiring minds want to know...

That's not rust, a little rub down with PAM for grilling and it looks like new. (batteries went dead in camera) I'll post pics of the complete project tomorrow when it's finished.

john pen said:
Why did you want to clean it..It was my understanding that the "gunk" (for lack of a better term) helped seal the pieces and lid and keep it airtight ???

So I can store it in the attic with out stinking up the house. :LOL:
Did it just for fun John. Plus the guy I got it from took very good care of it, also wanted to see what the new dishwasher was made of. Or I could just say, who know's why I do the things I do sometimes. ;) :LOL: Or better, why does JB yank 2wd GMC trucks around in the drive way with his Chevy 4X4 ? :LOL:

That's just plain weird! :LOL:

--John 8)
(Altho I'll confess that I scrubbed the insides of mine once when it grew mold, and I've thought about cleaning up the outside, no good reason. :roll: )

Greg Rempe said:
Pigs...have you been in the cups again...like the last time you called in to the TV show?
NO BUTT MUNCH! :LOL: Just board. All the canning is done, defrosted both freezers, the wind is blowing so hard I can't cook out side, the pig pit is clean and put away, the RV is all winterized and put away, the laundry and dishes are done, and there aint crap on TV! Mmmmmkay? :LOL:

You're not going to watch Michigan State stomp Ohio State's a$$ into the turf? [smilie=a_whyme.gif] ? [smilie=a_whyme.gif] ? [smilie=a_whyme.gif] ?

Bruce B said:
You're not going to watch Michigan State stomp Ohio State's a$$ into the turf? [smilie=a_whyme.gif] ? [smilie=a_whyme.gif] ? [smilie=a_whyme.gif] ?
Naw Bruce, I'm too busy taking measurements to see if I can take the legs off the Weber kettle and jam that into the dishwasher too. ;)

Boy when Mama gets home you gonna get a hard whuppin. :shock:

bigwheel

You bet ya buster. :LOL: As the wife went to a B-Day party and the wind is blowing mighty good. I figured why not. Now you know now for sure I aint right. :roll: :LOL:

It was clean Griff, but it's stainless steel a glug or two (for a lack of terms) of white viniegar at the end will wash out all the nasty stuff. I would never try this with a plastic tub dishwasher. Try salmon in the DW some time. Evoo, your fav. rub, and put it in a food saver bag and run it threw a "normal" cycle with the heat dry on. Tasty indeed. We took a eye of round and did it in a brand new Whirlpool gas dryer with the meat on a broiler pan and jumped all the T-stats out to cycle on "high limit: (250F) and it came out great. No tumble but we could fit a sneaker rack in there. Worked like a convection oven. The thing was smashed left to right by a tow motor when we got it, I chucked a piece of pecan in the vent from the top to draw smoke into the dryer drum. Might work great for sausage as you can kind of make a smoke generator from it and control temps via a oven T-stat. What ya think JB?

[quote="john pen":gppxlcob]Why did you want to clean it..It was my understanding that the "gunk" (for lack of a better term) helped seal the pieces and lid and keep it airtight ???

So I can store it in the attic with out stinking up the house. :LOL:
Did it just for fun John. Plus the guy I got it from took very good care of it, also wanted to see what the new dishwasher was made of. Or I could just say, who know's why I do the things I do sometimes. ;) :LOL: Or better, why does JB yank 2wd GMC trucks around in the drive way with his Chevy 4X4 ? :LOL:[/quote:gppxlcob]

Do what?...store what for huh???
Am I the only moron that shovels a path through the snow to my cookers for year round cooking? :oops:

It was clean Griff, but it's stainless steel a glug or two (for a lack of terms) of white viniegar at the end will wash out all the nasty stuff. I would never try this with a plastic tub dishwasher. Try salmon in the DW some time. Evoo, your fav. rub, and put it in a food saver bag and run it threw a "normal" cycle with the heat dry on. Tasty indeed. We took a eye of round and did it in a brand new Whirlpool gas dryer with the meat on a broiler pan and jumped all the T-stats out to cycle on "high limit: (250F) and it came out great. No tumble but we could fit a sneaker rack in there. Worked like a convection oven. The thing was smashed left to right by a tow motor when we got it, I chucked a piece of pecan in the vent from the top to draw smoke into the dryer drum. Might work great for sausage as you can kind of make a smoke generator from it and control temps via a oven T-stat. What ya think JB?

Pigs If you want to control low sausage smoking temp 130 to 160, an oven stat aint gonna do it. the lowest the will regulate is 170ish. A old style home funace uses a high limit fan controller. You can buy an ajustable one from an AC supply house & set it cycle the gas valve control circut on & off .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom