Wild Leeks (Ramps)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I pulled stuff that looked exactly like that out of my garden. We call them weeds round here! :)

Whoo man, I ate those things like candy along with wild garlic as a kid. Stuff a northern pike with that jazz and cook it over live coals and mom would not let you in the house for a week in the summer. Thanks for bringing up such great childhood memories as a little kid living and fishing in the woods with his friends. We were the original cast of Survivor. :grin:
Pigs
Origonal Survivor, Summer 1970-1973

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
I like turnips and parsnips. I don't think they grow wild around here. I do know puff ball is mighty tasty. we get a few each year and cook them up pronto.

Whodda thunk? :dunno: Puff does that hurt?

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":1eqke03n]I like turnips and parsnips. I don't think they grow wild around here. I do know puff ball is mighty tasty. we get a few each year and cook them up pronto.

Whodda thunk? :dunno: Puff does that hurt?[/quote:1eqke03n]
I wasn't gonna say anything... :grin: :grin: 8-[ But I'm glad somebody did!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Yuck, Yuck, Yuck. I was damn sure it was coming. Just was not sure you guys were still in 3rd grade. :grin: I don't care. :!: Good one, Just to show I have a sence of humor. :)

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":24t5fx36]I like turnips and parsnips. I don't think they grow wild around here. I do know puff ball is mighty tasty. we get a few each year and cook them up pronto.

Whodda thunk? :dunno: Puff does that hurt?[/quote:24t5fx36]
Kinda' tickles :)

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Yuck, Yuck, Yuck. I was damn sure it was coming. Just was not sure you guys were still in 3rd grade. :grin: I don't care. :!: Good one, Just to show I have a sence of humor. :)

Before or after you cooked puff balls? :evillaugh:

oompappy said:
OK....
Here is part of one of the puffballs we had last fall.

I'm curious, what is a puff ball? I tried to google it but I came up with something that looked totally different than the pic's you posted.

Larry Wolfe said:
oompappy said:
OK....

I'm curious, what is a puff ball? I tried to google it but I came up with something that looked totally different than the pic's you posted.
I would probably get in big trouble if I posted a pic of my puff balls #-o

Puff said:
Larry Wolfe said:
oompappy said:
OK....

I doubt you'd get in trouble, nobody would be able to see them! 8-[

Larry Wolfe said:
Puff said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":11lacdo7]
oompappy said:
OK....

I doubt you'd get in trouble, nobody would be able to see them! 8-[[/quote:11lacdo7] #-o

Thats a mushroom! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yup, It sure is. We have a trail in the woods and one day there are none to be found. Go back the next day and find one or two the size of a basketball. They spring up over night. Mighty tasty too. =P~

Back
Top Bottom