Who remembers this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I only liked rap in 1979 - 1980.... Zydeco classic rock trucker music and polka rock...The Beatles were very famous when that song came out... Jesus still is !!!! ... So is my neighbor... :shock:

I remember when the Beatlles came out with their 1st hit single I wanta hold your hand. I also remember when they landed in the USA for the 1st time it was on TV in B&W BOY

007bond-jb said:
I remember when the Beatlles came out with their 1st hit single I wanta hold your hand. I also remember when they landed in the USA for the 1st time it was on TV in B&W BOY
Ed sulivan show... "We have a really big shoe tonight".. "the lads from liverpool"...

Unity said:
john pen said:
who remembers the first album (vinyl) they ever bought ?
Hell, I remember when the 33 1/3 rpm long playing vinyl record was first introduced. True. :shock:

--John 8)
(And the 45 rpm vinyl single soon after. Bye-bye, 78s.)

My neighbor has a bunch of old RCA 78rpm albums. They are the hard plastic kind that shatter.

Hmmm 1st LP, The Alvin Show :roll: Still got it too :roll:

007bond-jb said:
Unity said:
[quote="john pen":1nnq5w2f]who remembers the first album (vinyl) they ever bought ?
Hell, I remember when the 33 1/3 rpm long playing vinyl record was first introduced. True. :shock:

--John 8)
(And the 45 rpm vinyl single soon after. Bye-bye, 78s.)

My neighbor has a bunch of old RCA 78rpm albums. They are the hard plastic kind that shatter.

Hmmm 1st LP, The Alvin Show :roll: Still got it too :roll:[/quote:1nnq5w2f]Those make good targets for shotguns... PULL!!!

john pen said:
[smilie=threadjacked.gif]

In the same vain..who remembers the first album (vinyl) they ever bought ?

Mine was Led Zepplin - the "untitled album"

I don't remember which was the first, but I've still got them all (except my Chambers Brothers "The Time Has Come", which my brother ripped off). My collection of vinyl is pretty small, but has a few classics (Tommy; Woodstock) .

007bond-jb said:
My dad had a bunch of "albums", which is what they were: each song was an individual 78 rpm disk, and they were all in an actual album, kind of like a photo album, with a disk in each "page". So if you ever wondered why an LP was called an album, it was a holdover from the old 78's.

wittdog said:
I think it's kind of cool you guys lived thru history....... :LOL:

I'm not sure that maybe Wittdog isn't funning us here.

Okay, you are making me dig deep here.....quart glass milk bottles with paper caps that had to be shaken before pouring to mix the floating cream into it. And, here's a biggy, Lucky Strikes in a green pack with the red dot, not white like now. I'm going to regret I said this.

Larry D. said:
surfinsapo said:
My dad had a bunch of "albums", which is what they were: each song was an individual 78 rpm disk, and they were all in an actual album, kind of like a photo album, with a disk in each "page". So if you ever wondered why an LP was called an album, it was a holdover from the old 78's.

Thats why I hang here

john pen said:
[quote="Larry D.":30qckvcp]
surfinsapo said:

Thats why I hang here[/quote:30qckvcp]I never said that... WTH? I tell ya... some people... :shock:

surfinsapo said:
I never said that... WTH? I tell ya... some people... :shock:

My fault - I got sloppy in editing the quote within a quote.

But if you didn't say it, you probably should have. ;)

Puff said:
Nick Prochilo said:
I still have the album! Yes thats right Puff, album, not CD :LOL:
The big thick records played on a hand cranked machine with the big horn sticking out of it :LOL:

4.gif

Rag said:
.....quart glass milk bottles with paper caps that had to be shaken before pouring to mix the floating cream into it. .

And the milk box on the front porch. We've still got a dairy in town here that delivers ! The cream on top was always a treat !

Any one else remember having a guy deliver potato chips ? My neighbor used to get them in a big metal can..

I am actually learning the bass part right now for a cover band. I bought a replica of the bass Paul plays in this sequence this summer. I'll never forget the first time I heard the song. I was probably 11 or 12. Absolutely blew me away. Anyone who says the "the Beatles suck" or, "I don't get the Beatles" really doesn't like music very much. I have been through this before with Helen, so I won't get on my soapbox again. Greatest band in history.........BAR NONE. Please keep in mind, that these five (yes ,you must include George Martin) actually WROTE all their stuff unlike Elvis. The Stones are good, but you can't tell a song on their first album from one on their last album. BEATLES FOREVER!!!!

WTF?

I remember, or maybe I don't. The lyrics??? I guess we were all on acid back then. Hey, at least I have an excuse for the way I act now!!!
PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom