Whinning, griping, and complaining

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary in VA

Head Chef
I am bored at work... I wanna go home and cook something... :tant:

I am jealous that I aint going to the Jack... I wanna go compete (and probably get my butt kicked... but hey.. I'd be there) :vent:

heck.. I just wanna go to the Jack and be there... I don't even have to compete.

.... ok.. I am done now... its just before lunch.. maybe it is hunger pains...

Burnt Food Dude said:
The only draw back to the "Jack Invitational" is that Jack is in a dry County. [-X alcohol :ack:

The 12 cases of beer are used for marinadeing and cooking :dunno:

Red cups rule at the Jack.
You can drink but you can't have bottles setting out and beers need to be in a cup.
Jim

Hey Gary, sounds like we need to put together a VA road trip to the Jack next year just to hang out. I'm sure we could find a team or two to hang with. Heck, maybe Larry and SteveZ would be willing to go. That would deffer some of the cost. What do you think Larry and SteveZ?

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Hey Gary, sounds like we need to put together a VA road trip to the Jack next year just to hang out. I'm sure we could find a team or two to hang with. Heck, maybe Larry and SteveZ would be willing to go. That would deffer some of the cost. What do you think Larry and SteveZ?

Where there's beer and Bah B Q, there I will be!

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Hey Gary, sounds like we need to put together a VA road trip to the Jack next year just to hang out.

Hang out....?? [-X I plan on having an invitation to compete next year :pickme:

Taint nuthin like confidence now is there.... :bow:

Now.. If'n you and Steve and Larry wanna join the Gary's Barbeque team... then we can talk. Of course don't they say... Too many Qers can spoil the ribs?

Gary in VA said:
[quote="Bill The Grill Guy":x05qukn5]Hey Gary, sounds like we need to put together a VA road trip to the Jack next year just to hang out.

Hang out....?? [-X I plan on having an invitation to compete next year :pickme:

Taint nuthin like confidence now is there.... :bow:

Now.. If'n you and Steve and Larry wanna join the Gary's Barbeque team... then we can talk. Of course don't they say... Too many Qers can spoil the ribs?[/quote:x05qukn5]

I'd love to come just to hang out! Watch the pro's work! I'll enjoy the experience, food and most of all the beer!

I'll tell you what Gary, if you get the invitation, I'll go just to do the dishes and drink your beer.
eb2dty_th.gif

I'll tell ya Bill... I can taste that invitation....I want it bad....I keep going over things to try in my head to make my ribs, chicken and brisket better. I don't know what to do about my pork. I can't figure what the judges want there. I think I am obsessed. It's pretty bad when I find myself thinking more of BBQ than ... well... other things. I must be going crazy :craze:

Captain Morgan said:
I'm available for the beer and bbq..the other things, well, you'll have to call Finney.

Don't forget about Woody. Remember he and Finney shared a room for a couple hours before Woody tried to dismember himself!

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":28hmpzbr]I'm available for the beer and bbq..the other things, well, you'll have to call Finney.

Don't forget about Woody. Remember he and Finney shared a room for a couple hours before Woody tried to dismember himself![/quote:28hmpzbr]

WHAT?

Bill The Grill Guy said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":xd79j1np][quote="Captain Morgan":xd79j1np]I'm available for the beer and bbq..the other things, well, you'll have to call Finney.

Don't forget about Woody. Remember he and Finney shared a room for a couple hours before Woody tried to dismember himself![/quote:xd79j1np]

WHAT?[/quote:xd79j1np]

Yeah Finney must have been too much, so Woody went to extremes packing his stuff up and let go of the bungee cord! :eek:

Gary in VA said:
I am bored at work... I wanna go home and cook something... :tant:

I am jealous that I aint going to the Jack... I wanna go compete (and probably get my butt kicked... but hey.. I'd be there) :vent:

heck.. I just wanna go to the Jack and be there... I don't even have to compete.

.... ok.. I am done now... its just before lunch.. maybe it is hunger pains...

If you ever get the chance to go to the Jack,go. It is a awesome experience. The best time to go is Thursday night. Friday is pretty busy. After the cooks meeting there is a Iron Chief contest, then the parade and dinner at BBQ hill. After that it gets pretty quiet, very serious. Saturday is a busy day. There are 7 turn-ins starting at 11:30. I really miss not being there.

Here are some pictures from 2003 and 2004

http://www.lostnationvt.com/jack04_01.html

http://www.lostnationvt.com/jack03_01.html

Rich Decker

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom