which flag?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
John, I doubt if most people here know what the Star and Bars looks like without doing a Google Image search. I know Greg doesn't. I'm not trying to put you down Greg, and I wouldn't have made that comment without it being proven in one of the other posts.

I don't think either of them is an overly 'pretty' flag. It's the emotion and the symbolism that people tie to things like flags, the Statue of Liberty, etc that make many people think, or call them pretty.

That being said... The Battle Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia (if you want to use it's nickname "Southern Cross") is a 'prettier' flag than either of them, but in post Civil War history has been made ugly by the racism and hate attached to it.

I actually also like the "Silver Standard" (the CSA flag after the S&B).

What happened to my response about the Ohio State Flag being prettier because it is pennant shaped? Well, that's what I said anyway! I like the Mexican Flag too! The Texas flag sucks and I have a roll of TP at home emblazoned with it's likeness! :twisted:

no, if you give me two numbers? I can tell you which one is larger! I've had the talent since elementary school!

Chris Finney said:
John, I doubt if most people here know what the Star and Bars looks like without doing a Google Image search. I know Greg doesn't. I'm not trying to put you down Greg, and I wouldn't have made that comment without it being proven in one of the other posts.

I don't think either of them is an overly 'pretty' flag. It's the emotion and the symbolism that people tie to things like flags, the Statue of Liberty, etc that make many people think, or call them pretty.

That being said... The Battle Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia (if you want to use it's nickname "Southern Cross") is a 'prettier' flag than either of them, but in post Civil War history has been made ugly by the racism and hate attached to it.

I actually also like the "Silver Standard" (the CSA flag after the S&B).

EXCELLENT POST CHRIS, EXCELLENT!!!!

Back
Top Bottom