Wheres Wittdog?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was by his place yesterday. (pig roast down the road) They were not home from Franklin. (as Dallas said) Man, what a barn burner it was yesterday! 95f under the tent hacking up a hog. Too hot to drink beer. :shock:

I wuz "cooking" :LOL: had a good time at the comp...wasn't happy that it took 3 hours to get the meat inspected...the KCBS reps decided to take a ride from 12-3....so much for a quick meat inspection....I missed the Mulanes

Whit
The Reps can do meat inspection but it is recommended that someone else do it. If the Rep was going to do it it should have been there to get the job done.

Jim of the handfull of comps I have been in the KCBS reps always handle the inspection...my biggest issue was there were like ten teams waiting for inspection and the reps didn't see any problem with being off site that long for no other reason then to take a ride because they had never been in that area...it cut into my family time at the comp...OK I'm done complaining.......that is until Uncle Bubba gets on and gets me fired up again :LOL:

Yeah, I remember Dave being really pissed over this and we even took the LONG walk to go get some results. Man was Dave pissed. Never saw him so pissed off. Here he travels 3 hours through country backroads only to have to wait for 4 hours to get the meat inspected. He is right in their attitude about not being there...no big deal. It was only getting hotter and so was Dave. Man was he pissed. :roll: :LOL:

He did a LOT more bitching than I did for the entire weekend so he wins that contest. ;)

After all that bitching...we did get some free ice :LOL:
I think Bubbas good mood had to do with the show toons and small tent he was sharing with the parsley posse :shock:

wittdog said:
After all that bitching...we did get some free ice :LOL:
I think Bubbas good mood had to do with the show toons and small tent he was sharing with the parsley posse :shock:

In all fairness, I have to say that they did a couple of the 'YMCA' song, and not all show songs.

Also, I never saw anyone bend their knees like Wittdog did when shooting the bird. That's real style. Probably a Buffalo thing.

roflmao

But on a serious note what time should they have been there??

We got there early thinking the reps would be around.
Since this was only our 2nd US contest I was unsure of the requirements on meat inspection timing.

They should have made themselves available anytime after 12:00 noon at the latest. I wanted to get my chicken trimmed and my big cuts injected. My chicken prep takes about a 5-6 hour process so they were holding me up and screwing up my timing. I wasn't happy. But at least i wasn't bitchin like a chick like my neighbors...both of them.

Check in started at 9...........
Bubba you thought I was misrable at the comp...should have seen me at work last night...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom