what's your favorite steak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Man's Best Friend BBQ said:
[quote="Helen_Paradise":28lc39hs]Does the filet count?

Filet is listed as 'tenerloin' or tenderloin. Same as filet[/quote:28lc39hs]

Thanks, does that tell you how much I eat steak??? :D Rarely... to almost nevah.

Helen_Paradise said:
[quote="Man's Best Friend BBQ":eek:h8807q8][quote="Helen_Paradise":eek:h8807q8]Does the filet count?

Filet is listed as 'tenerloin' or tenderloin. Same as filet[/quote:eek:h8807q8]

Thanks, does that tell you how much I eat steak??? :D Rarely... to almost nevah.[/quote:eek:h8807q8]
Don't feel so bad. I never ate steak that much until recently but when I was at the grocery store about 5 years ago they had the filets listed as tenderloin and asked them if they had filets. :oops: that's how I know now.

What Larry said.
Sirloin if cooked right has the best flavor [smilie=thumbup.gif]

I have not had to many types of steaks. Most of the time when I eat steak is sirlion. I have had flat iron (or something like that) It was ok nothing to write home about.
I like to cook my steak with just a little salt and pepper on it. Ill start the kettle with a little charcoal after that is lit Ill put a few oak logs on top of the charcoal. After letting the oak burn for a few min then ill put the steaks on. I dont use the lid to the grill because i am afraid I might warp it. Last time I think it took no more than 7min to cook two sirlions to med rare. This puts a great sear on the out side while keeping the inside moist.

Chris

Last 10 years or so, my grill has entertained a lot more chickens and fish than steaks. I'll order a steak sometimes when I'm eating out. I've had good ribeyes, good porterhouses, good t-bones, good filets, but very seldom have I ever had a good NY strip. Considering flavor, texture, tenderness, and all 'round goodness, I've had the best experience overall with sirloins. When it's down to having to pick just one in a poll, I gotta go with sirloin. :D

--John 8)

I have always been partial to a strip. Don't get me wrong I love all the others, but just like the strip the best.

I don't think you can classify flank in this poll...no on grills a flank and eats it whole like the rest of these cuts...flank and skirt is usually sliced thin to produce tender meat...$0.02

I like skirt and flank! :D

Btw...I voted for thick ribeyes!!

Another member here of the Ribeye fan club...thick, simple seasoning, seared, grilled medium rare.....NOTHING BETTER!!!!!!!!!

RIBEYE!! RIBEYE!! RIBEYE!! RIBEYE!!

ribeye.jpg

grilled with a spicey rub and a glass of good red wine... ohhhh yeah!!

Where's the breakfast steak??? [smilie=a_whatsthatyasaysonny.gif] Nothin like a good breakfast steak, if it's microwaved correctly [smilie=a_goodjob.gif]

brian j said:
[quote="Man's Best Friend BBQ":li84l43t]Where's the breakfast steak??? [smilie=a_whatsthatyasaysonny.gif] Nothin like a good breakfast steak, if it's microwaved correctly [smilie=a_goodjob.gif]
uh? microswaved steak??? :shock:[/quote:li84l43t]

Well the 'breakfast' steak shoulda been the first clue as to the joke [smilie=wine.gif] sometimes I get a little goofy. gotta keep myself entertained somehow [smilie=lol_xtreme.gif]

Chuckwagoncook said:
MBF,
I hear ya on the breakfast steak. I have breakfast steak often, for me its last nights leftover steak, sliced and sauted with some onions, peppers, and mushrooms, then layed inside an omlet or on top of a couple over easy eggs on toast.

Thats what I consider breakfast steak!! No Microwave though!!
Wow, you could build a franchise around that! :shock: :D

--John 8)
(I'm feeling unexpectedly hungry.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom