What's everybody cooking for Easter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just to offer another view point, I pull between 195 and 200, then foil. I've only monitored the temp after pulling once and didn't notice a rise. Always very moist and no extra fat to weed out. :)

Well, I apoligize for dragging this thread back on topic, but.....

I just pulled my chicken thighs off the smoker (they are wrapped in the cooler awaiting the rest of the family to arrive), the polish sausage is about done and I just threw some ribs on since I had the smoker going and its actually working well (they'll be for later, sort of experimenting)...This is the first time Ive done chicken..when I stuck the temp probe in, it sure seemed juicy !!! We'll see in a little while....

Capt
Some butts get pulled earlier some at a higher temp, it depends on how it feels. Turned out very moist and pulled easily, very good flavor. Will have to get more of this product.
While wrapped the butt will climb some in temp as the heat load equalizes.
Jim

Congrat Jeff...I tried injecting butts several years ago and didn't see much difference....perhaps I'll try again....I was just learning.

Here's a little story. The first interactive q place I ever found on the net was Smokey Hale's place. Apparently he had posted on the Basso site, but got pissed and left.

Well, as I was reading his site, I came up with what I thought was a great idea...inject butts like I do turkeys! So I emailed him and asked him what he thought about it....his terse replay told me not to do it, it wasn't necessary. Later I found out a lot of people do it, but it was almost like he was mad at me for asking! I haven't been to that site in years! (I think it's BBQn on the net?)

I was home for the holiday weekend and although I planned to do some butts I did not. Too much too do. I grilled some burgs over Maple Leaf lump on the charcoal grill. They were awesome.

Great pics Raine. Good job man.

Pats on the back to Jeff Edvixk too .... I hope to try injecting one of these days....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom