What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
King crab legs were on sale for $4.99lb so we're having those and shrimp. Wife wants a ham tomorrow.....but I'll be having black eyed peas and kraut for my dad!!

Well we been getting a little stretch of cold and nasty old yankified weather down here so thought a big pot o beef stoup might be good. Went and lugged the high dollar All Clad Aluminum Waffle Bottomed giant stew and chili cooking pot out of the camper yesterday. Snagged one of Joe Ames special Bay leaves whilst I was out there. Caught some overpriced stew meat at Kroger so I bought two packs. I am getting ready to rumble. :twisted:

bigwheel

Surf and Turf...picked up a few lobster tails and some nice NY strip steaks...then some hor dourves (sp) later on

Well see your already getting bad advice. Peas do not need soaking. That is an evil rumor started by a dumb Portugese Yankee from Falls River, Mass. Swear I want to backhand the fire outta that boy sometimes.

bigwheel

ps..Easy on the rice unless you feeding coonasses/orientals or something like that. Texas folks like it with just enough rice to be able to claim it had some in there. The driving force in the starch kingdom is corn bread. Have plenty on hand.

I'm hopin' my skillet cornbread will be okay. After looking at several recipes for "Hoppin' John" I think I'll use white rice and take your advice ... Go Light! Pictures when it is done tomorrow.

Actually aint neva seen anybody mess up Hoppin John cept once when this dumb Texan I know put Rotel Tomaters in it. I think the fella was from up around Amarillo which if anybody ever bother to look on the map it must be right around the corner from Noo Yawk City. :shock: Everbody knows Rotels only go to meet Black Eyed Peas when making Texas Caviar or sometimes Okies call it Okie Caviar for some reason.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom