Whatcha eating for Sunday Supper?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Capt'n - internal was 250.

Brian - reeeaaalll good.

Since I've got my Traeger, these are the first times that I've BBQ'd by temps. Amazing what you learn here.

Hey Rat, I meant the internal of the meat....how much did it rise when you pulled it off.....I've heard 5 to 15 degrees, and that makes a difference to a medium rare/rare man like me. Course I always forget to measure the temp increase while the meat rests...Just wondering if you did.

Sorry, that's why I'm still a que rube :oops: No I didn't check after I let it rest. Damn, I just learned something new again.

yeah I'm the same way....did some beef last week (sirloin tip roast I think) and although the temps when I pulled it said med rare, there was a lot of "medium" meat in there....not too bad, but a little more well done than I was hoping. I think with thicker roasts, the meat holds temps longer and increases the final high temps. But I'm no expert.

Captain Morgan said:
[quote="ROB O":2klowzv0]Marinated some london broil (top round) in a marsala marinade:

3/4 C marsala wine
1/4 C soy sauce
2 (at least) cloves minced garlic
1/3 C vegetable oil
ground pepper.

Grilled 'em on the gasser to medium rare and threw some oak chips in the smoker box.

Also grilled a few sweet potatoes. (Not yams. Real sweet potatoes).

For my kids I sliced one of the steaks thin the long way before cooking and threaded 6 slices on skewers. Then gilled them fast over direct heat. My littlest calls them Daddy's meatsicles.

Gotta good marsala chicken recipe? I love that stuff, but haven't perfected it at home yet. Carrabba's (owned by Outback) has a great marsala pork chop.[/quote:2klowzv0]

Hey there captn. I've made it and it's come out ok. Nothing to write home about but I'll go look up my recipe maybe it'll give you some ideas.

Back
Top Bottom