What yall cookin for "Veterans Day" Weekend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
Monday is a federal holiday for the Veterans of the U.S.A. What are yall cookin? I'm cookin chicken at church on Saturday, Sunday afternoon steaks and Monday, if I score some fish, Blackening Redfish. Enjoy the weekend yall!!! ;)

Captain Morgan said:
Saturday night it's the first oyster roast of the season!

Sweeeeeeeeet! Eat the little orange crabs in the oysters too!!! I love oyster roasts!!

Big Mike said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":3rfsm5vn]Saturday night it's the first oyster roast of the season!

Speaking of Oysters. My wife asked me last night if you could smoke oysers. Has anyone tried this and if so how did you do it and how did they turn out.[/quote:3rfsm5vn]

I've never smoked them but I've had them out of a can and they're great!

Get ya oysters and shuck em, or put on grill as is and they will open from the heat and smoke. Then remove top shell and douse with whatever seasonings ya like and smoke some more. Ya can add tomatoes, cheese, bacon and all kind of goodies. Only your imagination can work for ya. Ya can also just shuck em or get already shucked and just put on the grill indirect and just smoke until the edges curl or are done to your liking.

Back
Top Bottom