What to buy her

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
Okay ladies. How about helping us fellers out with some Christmas shopping tips. I hate shopping. What suggestions can you give us for shopping for the wifes?

Lets try to stay on topic guys.

Bill I can help you!

I help all of my guy friends buy for their wives every year. The wives are much happier now.

If she is a girly girl then a pedi and mani some perfume some scented body powders and some tasteful lingerie. Always Always Always buy her clothes smaller than her actual size. I am not joking about this. If she asks you why tell her that you think she is is smaller than she actually is. That will make her feel good as well.

Unless you are buying her a custom cut item.

IF she is a kitchen lady then a day with a personal chef or some custom embroidered aprons etc. Even a large galvanized bucket full of great kitchen utensils and ingredients to make a good meal. Also a gift card for a favorite food store. I don't mean the local grocers but more towards gourmet stuff. Or a pasta maker with all of the trimmings.

And for all of these ladies do not forget to fill a stocking for your lady with some of her everyday items chocolates and useful items. She will appreciate this. IF you have no clue what her everyday toiletries are then make a trip to the bathroom. Look at her stuff take notes. Buy her some small packages of chocolates and load it up. Her favorite soaps etc.

And how about a subscription for her favorite magazine. Whatever she is into I am sure there is a magazine out there that can help.

Bubble bath is usually a hit for people who do not have scent allergies. Fruits and Passions or Bed Bath & Beyond usually carry lots of different robes etc you could make her a spa package. Full of great stuff she will like.

If she is a knitter how about a beautiful knitting basket full of yarn and needles. Once again look at her stuff. It will show you the type of yarn she uses and whether she knits or crochets.

If she is outdoorsy how about an adventure weekend away? Book a trip just overnight for a getaway.

IF all else fails gift cards for a variety of stores would be great. They may be a bit impersonal however she will get what she wants. If she is anything like me I take all of my giftcards and Xmas money and I go shopping every Dec. 26 and get what I want usually for a good deal.

If you need more ideas you have to share a bit about your lady.

No matter what women are always impressed by any man who shops before Dec. 26th. Tell her you are done your shopping already. That in itself will be a huge hit with her.

Diva, can you come shop for me? I am horrible with what to buy for others, men or women! That's an impressive list! Hmm, maybe I should copy it and email it to Les.

Seriously, I told him last year, I'd like a gift card from Burger King with enough money for 52 Whopper Jr. combos. That's where I like to eat on grocery shopping day. He said that was too cheesy. lol

Very good advise Diva Q. She is very hard to shop for. She and I spend a lot of time in the kitchen together. The basket sounds like a hit. She is the kind of person who goes out shopping for herself and buys for everyone else but herself. I did buy her a neat pair of walking shoes. She loves walking the dog in the evenings.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Very good advise Diva Q. She is very hard to shop for. She and I spend a lot of time in the kitchen together. The basket sounds like a hit. She is the kind of person who goes out shopping for herself and buys for everyone else but herself. I did buy her a neat pair of walking shoes. She loves walking the dog in the evenings.

And you don't think Steph is gunna tell her what you got? It's a consipracy thing. LOL

Well here's my start. I know she has been eyeing them, sometimes you just have to look over her shoulder...though I could just be another dumb husband that fell trap to that :D

Bill those are really nice shoes.

You could co-ordinate that with a nice walking jacket in one of those great fabrics they have designed. A pair of great walking socks in a breathable fabric would be nice. Additionally a pedometer and a chic looking water bottle would also be good.

I am like that too. I shop for everyone else but me.

Allie I am very practical when it comes to gifts. This year new tea towels ar high on my list. And while I did write a list for fun here there is no way I would ever ask my family for the stuff other than the ketchup mustard and foil. All of our friends who come for dinner now bring foil and mustard LOL so much for the wine.

Cool boots cliff. A really cool D&G belt would go really well with that as well as a leather care package.

A nice crisp white blouse and a pair of seven for mankind jeans and she would have a smashing outfit.

Yeah, they love her there. And I know the main sales ladies on a first name basis since I do the returns.

If you guys ever just listened to your wife and got to know her and showed her you loved her every chance you got, you'd already know what she wants!

Larry Wolfe said:
If you guys ever just listened to your wife and got to know her and showed her you loved her every chance you got, you'd already know what she wants!
So what does your wife want?

Puff said:
Larry Wolfe said:

A treadmill! [smilie=a_goodjob.gif]

Larry Wolfe said:
Puff said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":22hwgivw]If you guys ever just listened to your wife and got to know her and showed her you loved her every chance you got, you'd already know what she wants!

A treadmill! [smilie=a_goodjob.gif][/quote:22hwgivw]

Dude, if I tell Kathy you suggested a tread mill she will kill you.

Larry Wolfe said:

Huh? What kind of stupid ass advice is that?? (Better read this quick and laugh while you can, I suspect this will be gone momentarily ;) )

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom