What happens when you don't clean your BBQ!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BayouChilehead

Senior Cook
This was in an email sent to me.

What happens when you don't clean your BBQ!!!

So I'm using my bbq this weekend... so I thought I'll clean it up..
I had seen bees coming from under the cover so I thought I'd kill them, obviously...
So here’s the BBQ in question.

Now I know these bombs aren't for bees and that but I thought I'll suffocate/smoke them out. So here is the weapon of choice and delivery system.

Neat huh? I thought I was pretty smart he-he-he!!! Designed to be easily manoevered under the cover of darkness...

So I released the weapon of buzz destruction.....and
OMG! the sound from under the cover was incredible!!! You could hear it a mile away easy...Then I ran like the clappers.

Came back few mins later to see the death toll...

Was at least a 20mm deep mass grave

I continued to remove the cover and to light the bbq to give it a clean when I noticed some fatty looking substance on the top of the side shelf ....
Bit weird.. I cleaned it before I put it away for winter and no fat or grease was there so I began to wonder......
NO..... it can't be could it?
I slowly removed the rest of the cover only to find the HQ.

Dang looks like you shoulda went into honey bee farming and went and bought a new bbq. Don't seem like the poor little guys never had a chance..sniff sniff. Not sure I would want to eat meat off a pit which had been infested with deadly areosolized bug pizzen neither. You need to check with some smart (native Texan) type person afore going off and doing exotic stuff. Just trying to look after your best interests of course. It work sorta like the guv'ment. Si si?

bigwheel

I hope y'all don't think thats my pit.....text and photos were sent to me in an email. But yes whoever this guy is he needs to Q more often, that had to take quite a while :shock:

I'm with Pigs, definitly need to cook more often. What is this talk of putting the grill away for the winter? Those aren't words I've heard before!

The guy who bombed the bees might be smart to leave the grill in its customary unused condition.

Mortein's Web site FAQs said:
Is Mortein NaturGard Automatic safe to use in kitchen?

It is not advisable to use in the kitchen. The spray should not be directed towards food and food preparation areas.
Link

--John

Whoever that was should have called the local apiary (bee keeper). Would have removed all the bees and hive with a BIG smile on his/her face. No nasty chemicals needed!

Support your local apiary! :P :P

Tony M said:
Whoever that was should have called the local apiary (bee keeper). Would have removed all the bees and hive with a BIG smile on his/her face. No nasty chemicals needed!

Support your local apiary! :P :P

If it was mine, thats what I would have done and ask them for the honeycombs.

Well me and this old phart was cooking on another old pharts pit one time. We was cooking for a big shindig for the blacksmith club. When we got the briskets on Friday night I kept noticing it didnt look like the pit was drawing right..smelled like creosote etc...well this old phart got to digging around in the stack with a coat hanger and drug two birds nests outta there. Cooked much mo betta after they was removed. Dont even get me started on telling about the same fella left his big plastic meat lug in the cookchamber when he fired it off one time. Dang that was purty smoke...it was one of them Roy G. Biv moments.

bigwheel

Wowser yes. If somebody wants to worry about something they might consider the world wide bee shortage. Last I heard some disease was wiping them out fast. Know the fella down at the feed store is worried. Thats a bad sign.

bigwheel

Speaking of honey...if you ever see Mesquite Honey for sale..buy some. It will blow Aunt Myrtles dress up over the top of her haid.

bigwheel

BayouChilehead said:
Rag said:
What, no Coonass made Bee Gumbo from that? :LOL:

Well it wasn't my Pi......uh Grill and I tried bee gumbo before and the stingers hurt like all heck in a hand basket :shock:

BaYou, You gotta remove the stingers to catch a buzzz........(horrible I know) :cry:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom