What diet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
My 5 year old asked yesterday if we could have french toast for Sunday morning breakfast. So of course she gets what she wants and I made french toast. So I figured WTF, I'm gonna make scrapple and bacon too. Most people haven't heard of scrapple, but if you want an idea of what it tastes like, it's like liver pudding. I love the stuff.

something about the word Scapple made me always wonder
what parts of meat were being used....when I was growing up
it was livermush that we were forced to eat.

Captain Morgan said:
something about the word Scapple made me always wonder
what parts of meat were being used....when I was growing up
it was livermush that we were forced to eat.

I grew up in Wilmington and we had livermush about everyother weekend and I loved it! Scrapple is similar in taste, but with cornmeal mixed in.

rooters and tootoers go in scrapple...all the stuff that doesn't make the cut for hotdogs :shock:
Freedom toast looks good...nice Breakfast Mr.Wolfe.

I've never had Scrapple but in theory it reminds me of Goetta which I believe historically used up pig heart's, kidney, etc.

I make my own using a slow cooker and then putting it into loaf pans and cooling. It turns into a loaf that looks surprisingly like that Scrapple pic.

Goetta

Recipe Link

Scrapple rocks and the French had nothing to do with it. It makes great sammies with egg and cheese.

Rag said:
Scrapple rocks and the French had nothing to do with it. It makes great sammies with egg and cheese.

I'll stick to country ham. the guy that wrote and sings that song is close to your area Rag. Just down in Collegeville.

Cliff H. said:
Liver pudding just sounds nasty....I couldn't even look at the pics. :shock:

Forget the name Cliff, the stuff is good! Wait till you try blood pudding!! That's good too!!

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Cliff H.":2k961ybd]Liver pudding just sounds nasty....I couldn't even look at the pics. :shock:

Forget the name Cliff, the stuff is good! Wait till you try blood pudding!! That's good too!![/quote:2k961ybd]

I don't drink anymore so I don't fall for " I dare you to eat this" kind of stuff anymore. :LOL:

Cliff H. said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":33wbk86f][quote="Cliff H.":33wbk86f]Liver pudding just sounds nasty....I couldn't even look at the pics. :shock:

Forget the name Cliff, the stuff is good! Wait till you try blood pudding!! That's good too!![/quote:33wbk86f]

I don't drink anymore so I don't fall for " I dare you to eat this" kind of stuff anymore. :LOL:[/quote:33wbk86f]

Cliff honestly it's good once cooked..........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom