What a trip but glad to be home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
What a fantastic time in Cancun Mexico. Took over 240 pics (Thanks John Penn for suggesting the batteries). We toured the Mayan culture and ruin sites. Saw some of the old and the new of Cancun, Playa De Carmen and Puerto Morelos.

Had some of the best foods there (Food pics to follow). Shopped until I dropped and didn’t spend much money. The Hawaiian Tropic beauty contest was being held at our resort ;) . Got a pic for you Bruce but I will have to email that one to ya.

We flew out of 85* weather into 40* weather. What a shock to the system that was.

Anyway, glad to be home even if it is cold here. I will be working on sorting out the pics soon.

Good to have you back; Cap and I have been working our fingers to the bone while you and Griff are out goofing off all over the world. Our backs are starting to hurt from carrying you guys.

Glad you had a good time. :LOL: Looking forward to the picture(s).

Bruce B said:
Good to have you back; Cap and I have been working our fingers to the bone while you and Griff are out goofing off all over the world. Our backs are starting to hurt from carrying you guys.

Well lets see, I haven't had a post deleted in at least a week. Now I think I know who has been doing all of my deleting around here! :LOL: Glad you made it home safe Bill!

Bruce B said:

Yes sir, and a darned good job you've done. Bill and I are both appreciative. Bill, when's our next trip?

Griff

I can't remember what they call it but it is like a donair. The meat is packed on and then cooked the same way donair meat is cooked.

It is good stuff.

Diva Q said:
I can't remember what they call it but it is like a donair. The meat is packed on and then cooked the same way donair meat is cooked.

It is good stuff.

The meat on a spit is called Taco’s Al Pastor http://www.batista.org/pastor.html . Its served in a corn tortilla with some salsa. $ .40 each. Very tasty. They are sold all over the place down there. Little markets on the side walk selling them.

There are also these 1/2 55 gal barrel grills that had lump with whole and 1/2 chickens, skirt beef on them. They serve whole dinners for 3 bucks. That feeds a family of 4 including black beans and rice. We bought the chicken on the spit and pulled the chicken and put it on the tortilla's. Fantastic stuff.

I also bought the fresh chorizo and cheese to do with eggs in the mornings. That the picture of the tortilla is charizo, beans and cheese then topped with fresh salsa. The salad looking dish is shrimp savitri that the wife got. It was very good as well.

Bill looks like you and the family had a great time and ate good! :D

Uh.....where's the pics of bikinis bud?

Puff said:

This one is for you PUFF. Two of the Hawiian tropic girls and yours trully.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Puff said:

Now that's what I'm talkin' about! [smilie=a_bravo.gif]

Bill, you could have sucked that gut in at least for the pic :shock: ;)

Puff said:
Bill The Grill Guy said:
Puff said:

He was! Great pic Bill!

Nick Prochilo said:
Puff said:
[quote="Bill The Grill Guy":31t3fgmp]
Puff said:

He was! Great pic Bill![/quote:31t3fgmp]
:shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom