We're smokin' now!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allie

Sous Chef
Les had a great find at work today!! For those who don't know, he works on repossessed/foreclosed homes and whatever's in them or on the property has to be disposed of. Well today, he found a Brinkman smoker!! It's one of the oblong ones with the firebox on the side. I haven't seen it yet because it wouldn't fit in the van. He said it's really heavy and took two of them to put it in the trailer. He also said it's been well-used and needs a cleaning badly. I figure that's a small price to pay for a freebie!

Another great find, at least I think so was the cookbook "Smoke and Spice" by Cheryl Alters Jamison and Bill Jamison. I've been reading it tonight and have seen all sorts of recipes to try.

Just wanted to share the good news! If you have any suggestions on properly cleaning it, please share!!

I'll tell him to take some pics with his brother's camera and email them to me so I can post them. It would help with questions if you guys know exactly what we have anyway.

I've already told him we have to borrow the camera for our first cook as well. It will be our first ever so has to be commemorated! Our camera just stopped working out of the blue a few months ago and we haven't replaced it yet.

allie said:
I'll tell him to take some pics with his brother's camera and email them to me so I can post them. It would help with questions if you guys know exactly what we have anyway.

I've already told him we have to borrow the camera for our first cook as well. It will be our first ever so has to be commemorated! Our camera just stopped working out of the blue a few months ago and we haven't replaced it yet.
I don't know to much about them, the one I have is electric..........and not worth a ......well not worth it.
The pics will tell :!:
Good luck :!:

Puff said:
allie said:

I don't know to much about them, the one I have is electric..........and not worth a ......well not worth it.
The pics will tell :!:
Good luck :!:
If it's heavy, it's probably a small "stick burner"... not a bullet.

From what he said, it's an offset smoker similar in looks to this:

http://www.bbqgalore.com/store/item.bbq?invky=4089929

Of course, that's a different brand but that's the way he described it to me. I can't wait till he gets it home and I can take a look at it, clean it, and cook. I want me some Q!! It's been a couple of years since I've had some real Q.

An off set :eek:
I'm excited now 8-[

After the surprise of it arriving home........take pics :!:

allie said:
Les had a great find at work today!! For those who don't know, he works on repossessed/foreclosed homes and whatever's in them or on the property has to be disposed of. Well today, he found a Brinkman smoker!! It's one of the oblong ones with the firebox on the side.

WOW what luck , that is a good find . Yal are gonna be making good eats with that before long. Congrats!!!

WTG Allie!
It's probably a Brinkman Smokin Pit Pro. Don't forget to do all the mods. ...extend the exhaust down to the grate level, add fire bricks, make up a baffle, charcoal basket etc....

Allie that sounds great, get smoking...I like the Smoke and Spice book it has some good recipes but the cooking times are way off....

allie said:
Les had a great find at work today!! For those who don't know, he works on repossessed/foreclosed homes and whatever's in them or on the property has to be disposed of. Well today, he found a Brinkman smoker!! It's one of the oblong ones with the firebox on the side. I haven't seen it yet because it wouldn't fit in the van. He said it's really heavy and took two of them to put it in the trailer. He also said it's been well-used and needs a cleaning badly. I figure that's a small price to pay for a freebie!

Another great find, at least I think so was the cookbook "Smoke and Spice" by Cheryl Alters Jamison and Bill Jamison. I've been reading it tonight and have seen all sorts of recipes to try.

Just wanted to share the good news! If you have any suggestions on properly cleaning it, please share!!

That's a great book, I own it myself and reference it a lot! Great find!

Yes, it is a Brinkman Smoke N Pit Pro! His brother brought it over tonight in the rain. No pics because it's been raining today and they didn't get home from work until pretty late anyway. We've had over 2 inches of rain since yesterday afternoon and it's still coming down.

From what I could tell looking at it, it's in really good shape. We need to clean the grates which are all ashy looking. It doesn't look like too big of a job to clean them up. I'm sure he'll be looking into all the mods and such for it. Not sure right now when we'll be doing our first cook but I'm all anxious and ready!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom