well I've almost been killed twice now in the last 12 hours - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > Corporate Administration > General (Non-BBQ) Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2005, 12:22 PM   #1

well I've almost been killed twice now in the last 12 hours

last night I was cleaning my turkey pot to do wings in today....boiling water to get the old oil out. Went to pour the boiling water out, and some splashed back on my right foot...I was wearing socks at the time.
It was hot. Let me reiterate that....it was hot...ended up with a blister on the bottom of my foot, but it could have been worse. And I had lots of pain killer on hand. Anyway, it made me realize how stupid I can be at times.

Then moments ago, I'm taking my 20 pound dog out for a little business...Simba The Wonder Dog....that's what I got in the divorce...the dog and the bills. Anyway, I look up and my backdoor neighbors huge 200 pound pitbull mastiff elephant dog...who slowly ambles up. I've never seen him without a chain before.

So I'm a dog lover, and I call him over. He lets me pet him, then he starts sniffing my dog's butt. Simba is cool at first, but then gives him a warning growl ...at which point Mothra tries to mount him. Simba gives him the growley bark thing, and Mothra barks and began some kind of action with his mouth open, at which point I kicked the living shit out of him. I was able to get Simba the Wonder Dog back inside, and Mothra acted like he didn't even notice me. I went and got my neighbor and politely asked him to remove his guardian of the gates of hell from my yard before I bring out the old 12 guage.

Then again I realized how stupid I am again....I can't believe I kicked that thing. And I haven't even started cooking yet!

Pray for me.

Old 02-06-2005, 12:34 PM   #2
BBQ Centralite

Tecnically, I think the second incedent may have gotten you killed. The first would just have resulted in a boiled foot!

Old 02-06-2005, 01:21 PM   #3
Official BBQ Central Mark

I thought you weren't suppose to boil foot before cooking it.
Rubbed, Smoked, and Sauced Competition BBQ Team-
22 1/2" WSM, 2 18 1/2" WSM's, 22 1/2" Weber Kettle
Bruce B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 01:29 PM   #4

Next time I'm definately smoking. Perhaps I should shave my feet first, then rub, then go low and slow over pecan.

By the way, what wood would you guys use for Rottweiler?
Old 02-06-2005, 01:35 PM   #5

Rottweiler's? No smoke for them ~ They're too lean. Sear 'em over the hottest fire you can make!
Old 02-06-2005, 01:41 PM   #6
Web Celeb

Typically I shoot the dog first and then tell the owner it was his fault for letting him out of his yard!

They never make the same mistake twice!!
Old 02-06-2005, 02:03 PM   #7

Again, as a dog lover, I would have no problem shooting you. But I don't have beasts that roam like some neighbors I know.