Welcome Brooklyn Q

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
5.gif

Thanks for the welcome guys.

My real name is Robert, and I live in Sheepshead Bay Brooklyn. I've been grilling since I was a kid and BBQ'ing for about 20 years. For a couple of years I've been thinking about competiting and got certified as a KCBS judge in 2004. Since then I've competed in a few contests in the North East with the BBQ-Brethren/Brothers in Smoke team. We've done OK, usually placing in the top 5, but no GC or reserves yet!

As for equipment, I personally have a Weber Smokey Joe, 2 Weber Kettles, 2 Weber Smokey Mountains, and just bought a New Braunsfeld (Yep, a real NB before Charbroil desimated them) Hondo. When competiting, my team mate brings along his Klose Backyard Chef.

In the real world, I'm an IT consultant focusing on small businesses and home offices. Married with 2 kids.

I also have a blog about my life and BBQ. Check it out at http://whitetrashbbq.blogspot.com

Welcome aboard, Robert ! :( Don't mind Finney, he lives WAY south of the border (Mason Dixon Line) ! ! :grin:

Excellent intro...I wish all the guys who visit but don't post much would
start a tread introducing themselves that way, even if all they've got
is an old gas grill...we like to hear about our members, and newbies and beginners are always welcome here!!!

This place is a hoot! Come on in!

Back
Top Bottom