Weber

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
I am beginning to wonder about the quality of Weber products…..We got my BIL a WSM for xmass the bottom part was totally out of round it looked like a half moon….and there was a huge piece of the porcelain finish gone…..it wasn’t shipping damage cus the box was in good shape and the middle section was still round….when we took it back to the store they got us another box and the bottom section was damaged in the same manner…a buddy of mine just bought a WSM and his was missing all the hardware…now I know the Weber people are good about customer service but there are some things that shouldn’t happen and when stuff like this happens it cuts into there bottom line an you know who ends up paying for it……..

Where did you buy it from.
I purchased my WSM through this site via Amazon. The only problem I had was one of the vent handles was bent but I might have done that myself. Other than that I didn't notice a scratch.
I am extremely happy with the way it arrived and have no doubt about purchasing Weber products in the future :D

Yeah when you go back and open a second box and it's also damaged the same as the first, something isn't right. Sounds like somebody is sleeping on the job.

Well we went back to the store and got another...this one was fine...just kind of pisses me off....I recomend one to a buddy and it comes without the hardware...then we give one to the BIL as an xmass gift and it's not usable...go back get another and it damaged in the same way...if he hadne't have opened it..he would have had to wait a few days for the part to come in and would have been back to work before he could have been able to cook......

Nah the BIL really enjoys the Q...and he was very excited to get the Weber....I was more excited to give it....

Weber is pretty good, send them a letter stating what happened along with proof of your purchase. I'd be willing to bet they send you a really fine care package with a bunch of their stuff for free...or at very least...some gift certificates.

I know a guy who bought a Weber charcoal grill at a discount knowing that the top lid was damaged. Got home, called Weber complaining about the damaged lid and they promptly sent out a replacement for free.

kjs said:
All is well. Smoker made the trip home a-ok.

Made my trip to BJs earlier - Ribs and Chicken go on tomorrow for first bbq attempt. :D Pics coming. Wish a new guy luck!
Welcome kjs....good luck

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom