Wasted lunch (rant)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Larry D.

Head Chef
I was in Chapel Hill NC today, so I stopped for lunch at one of the best-known bbq restaurants in that area, which shall remain nameless because of how bad my lunch was. I ordered the lunch special, which was ribs. I think the pig must have died of old age based on the size of the bones. One end was burned to a crisp. The side dish was advertised as "potatoes with butter and sour cream"; apparently they mixed the butter and sour cream in before they served them. The green beans tasted like they had sugar added. Overall, this meal raised my opinion of my own back yard bbq several notches. The bottom line is, I won't be ordering ribs from that place again. :-x

Been there done that Larry D. There's an establishment here that has braggin' rights to George W. eatin' there everytime he
visited nearby Ft. Campbell. Folks line up for the dry, chopped, bland pork BBQ. Their sides are bought in bulk nothing special.
I don't get it...either people lining up there have absolutely no taste when it comes to BBQ or I'm way to picky :roll: My smoked meats
& cookin' in general is way above theirs. Go figure ;)

8)

Sorry about the bad experience Larry, hope you told the manager, they don't know if you don't tell them. I gotta say Pigs is right, but in the same breath I have to say City BBQ in Columbus OH, my local place, is great!

I don't eat out anymore and the wife don't complain. The only thing I don't know how to do well is Italian and neither of us like it much so why bother? That said. When we do go out it is for something we know can't be screwed up and we are mainly there for the music and drinks.

However. We are going to Memphis later this month, staying near Beal Street, so I would like to know where a good place is to eat.????? I plan on checking out ALL of the local micro brew places within walking distance.

Captain Morgan said:
let me guess...Allen and Sons...I've heard they are
inconsistent.

Yep. In all fairness, I have eaten their pulled pork and it was pretty good. I just have to swear off restaurant ribs, I guess.

they still are one of the old school, stay up all night and burn wood
cookers....got to get give credit for that.

And that said, that ain't my preferred method to cook ribs. I have yet
to hear of a restaurant in North Carolina famous for their ribs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom