very relaxing and fun to shoot birds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griff

Master Chef
I just got back from a week of duck/goose hunting at Cold Bay, Alaska. Cold Bay's population is 88.
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Cold+ ... ocode=CITY
You need to zoom out to get a real notion where Cold Bay is located. We hunted in Izembek Lagoon in the Bering Sea. I met up with my brother-in-law, a close buddy, my son and one of his friends. Here's some pics. The last night we were there a griz broke into the shed we were hanging our birds in and ate every thing we had shot the prior day.

This shot is my son's friend, my son, and my b-i-l walking across the tundra to get to Izembek.

This pic is of some Pacific black brant coming into our decoys after we had limited out on them.

This is my son's Lab, Vader. He is an extremely well trained waterfowl dog. He follows every groug of birds that flys by with his eyes, and the look he gives you if you miss a shot is unforgettable.

These are Emperor geese coming into our decoys. They are found only in Alaska and are protected -- you can't shoot 'em.

Here's my son and Vader. This hows the tall beach grass that we hide in.

This is me with a couple of brant. We also got Canadas, mallards and pintail ducks.

This is my son's friend and his dog, Bilboe, packing out some birds.

And, of course a cooking pic, frying some goose breast.

Hey Griff if you ever want to go on a januine Texas Dove Hunt I can fix you up. I sit you out in my backyard in a lawnchair with a Daisy Pump bbq gun and you could limit out in about 5 mins. Course we have to wait for the Warden to vacate the premises. She spends all my beer money feeding the fat little darlings. Those are Holy Birds ya know? Noah put em to work on the Ark. That's why I dont shoot em myself. Sides they are too cute. Course I could circumvent my emotions for about a hundred bucks a day. Thats the going rate for a good Dove Hunting spot for the yup Sportsmen/ladies in this neck of the woods.

bigwheel

My dad forgot the picture of him cooking steaks for some reason.

First, you know you're someplace with bad weather when the grill is INSIDE the garage. Second, I don't think the flames should be that high? Third, note the well located extinguisher.

img_200655_0_80926458d59f568551feebf30b0e4652.jpg

Heh.

Hey Lil Griff..I know why that fire is indoors and turned up high. When it Sprintime in Alaska it's 40 Below. Looks like yall had a great father and son bonding event. Thankfully you must have took after Mother in the looks department:) Griff so ugly the rumor is his daddy had to tie a pork chop on him to get the dawg to play with him. You ever heard that rumor?

bigwheel

Lil Griff said:
My dad forgot the picture of him cooking steaks for some reason.

First, you know you're someplace with bad weather when the grill is INSIDE the garage. Second, I don't think the flames should be that high? Third, note the well located extinguisher.

img_200673_0_80926458d59f568551feebf30b0e4652.jpg

Heh.
Groovy. Great pic. Didn't burn the place down. Bet it was tasty. Looks like a heck of a hot fire. :shock: :LOL:

Pigs

Griff and crew. Your relaxing way of shooting birds seems like much more fun ;)
Great pics and I am very relieved at the fire extinguisher placement during that blaze. :shock:

Back
Top Bottom