Veggie Harvest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

big dude

Sous Chef
Like to keep a pic like this around for when others ask me why I fool with growing a garden. Should be some beans too but too hot to pick them. Most of the peppers get julienned and frozen for use in sauces, soups, on pizza, etc. The smaller red ones on the right are paprikas for drying and grinding and into my rub - infinitely better than the store bought paprika.

That's sure is purdee. I wish I had space for a garden, it's one thing I really miss allot. My mom and dad had a really nice garden when I was growing up. Is that okra I see at the top right?

Nothing better than fresh picked veggies from your own garden!
We've been eating green beans for about 2 weeks straight and also used a few japs.
Still waiting on the 'maters. :D

Toby keil said:
That's sure is purdee. I wish I had space for a garden, it's one thing I really miss allot. My mom and dad had a really nice garden when I was growing up. Is that okra I see at the top right?

Yes okra - takes me 2-3 days for enough for a good mess of the fried stuff - fattening but so good.

Peppers have great color. My peppers are just on the edge of ripening. I had PART of a Scotch Bonnet with my sammy today and it near blew my shoes off.
Like you, I like to let peppers get red, including Jalapenos.

ScottyDaQ said:
Nice bounty!

If'n ya don't use em all...dry em and make a Ristra to hang in the kitchen for later.
Do tell Scotty. Wut is a ristra?

Those are great looking peppers!!! I would be interested to know how you process them from harvest to ready to use granulated paprika. You should make a video or something.

Here are some pics from my garden this year:

Love2<º((((>< said:
Well that seems easy enough. I didnt even think about the coffee grinder.
Forgot to say "dedicated coffee grinder" - used for peppers and spices - not one I use for coffee :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom