vacuum sealing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gsmith

Cook
I have not had very good luck vacuum sealing then reheating in water.
reading some posts on this site I have learned that I want to simmer the water not boil it the whole time which makes sense.

How do you reheat in the bags? frozen or thawed?

any tips will be appreciated

What are you reheating?

I nuke stuff when I reheat. Just cut a small corner off for venting and do it a minute or so at a time, mix, another minute, mix, etc.

Pulled pork is excellent reheated this way.

If I'm reheating a bag of pulled pork, I bring a pot of water to the boil, then drop the bag of frozen pork into the water, bring it back to a boil for 20-30 minutes. Of course this probably depends on the size of the bag. I'm usually reheating about 1 1/2-2lbs. Has worked every time.

Place the frozen bag in a pot of cold water, bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer until the meat is warmed through. 1lb bag of pork will take approximately 20 minutes to thaw and heat through.

I pretty much do it like Bruce. Bring the pan of water to a boil and toss in the frozen bag of PP. Then 20 to 30 minutes later I eat it.

Thawed. Then reheat in what ever temp water you want the meat to be.. If I can do it you can man!!! :shock:

Many times when I thaw a bag of bbq, I'm not going to use all of it at one time. So what I do is nuke it until it's just thawed enough to break up - kind of slushy if that makes sense - and then transfer it to a container that goes into the refrigerator. It finishes thawing in the refrigerator, and this keeps me from accidentally overheating it in the microwave. Then I usually heat enough for 1 or 2 sandwiches at a time, in a small glass custard cup in the microwave.

Gary told me how to do this way and it worked really well for me. I took my crawfish boiling pot brought water to a boil them dropped basket in with several bags of pulled pork in and let boil for about 20 minutes. Took them out and put in a cooler and let sit until I needed it. I'd take a bag or two out at a time as the serving pan was getting low. This really worked good. Fed around two hundred people with PP and brisket. Did the brisket the same way.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom