Vacuum bags

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
we've been usung them for about a month, so far they work good, used them on 40 pounds of chicken breast yesterday and getting ready to bag up about 50 ribeyes today. Used the for pulled pork and brisket a couple of weeks ago, friend of mine said it worked ok when he reheated what I had given him.

Dollarbill,

Is this the one you are talking about?

http://www.reynoldspkg.com/reynoldskitc ... od_id=3918

I have it and it works just fine, my only complaint is that at times you have to play with the pump to get it to seal just right before it starts doing it's thing, but other than that, for short term vacuum storage I think they work great.

I use them mostly for cold cuts/lunch meat, some veggies, and left over pulled pork that will be consumed in the near future.

I have had good results with the Ziploc bags with the hand pump. I would not use them for long-term storage though.

Bruce B said:
Dollarbill,

Is this the one you are talking about?

http://www.reynoldspkg.com/reynoldskitc ... od_id=3918

I have it and it works just fine, my only complaint is that at times you have to play with the pump to get it to seal just right before it starts doing it's thing, but other than that, for short term vacuum storage I think they work great.

I use them mostly for cold cuts/lunch meat, some veggies, and left over pulled pork that will be consumed in the near future.

I thought the one I saw had a hand pump (like Tony said he has) but that one would work too! Sounds like they both work pretty well. Thanks for the help everyone! ;)

Use the Handi Vac for short term as Bruce mentioned but if your going to freeze stuff for long periods of time then I'd go with a Foodsaver.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Good thinking Bruce. I may have to look into one. I hate how the Food Saver bags keep getting shorter and shorter on cheese cold cuts exc.

Pigs

Yeah, like you're paying for cheese, cold cuts, etc. :roll:

Uncle Bubba said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":382ftu03]Good thinking Bruce. I may have to look into one. I hate how the Food Saver bags keep getting shorter and shorter on cheese cold cuts exc.

Pigs

Yeah, like you're paying for cheese, cold cuts, etc. :roll:[/quote:382ftu03]

;) :LOL: Yea, the price is right at the deli when I'm working!
Slide on in if your in the neighborhood. I'll hook ya up with a Sammy. :D

Pigs

Back
Top Bottom