vac sealer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
heading out this afternoon to buy a vac sealer...Any last min sugestions on a brand to look for or avoid ?

John,

I've got an older model Foodsaver that I've never had a problem with. Can't help you with models though. Bags are a little pricey, but there are some knock-offs out there that work fine, however, I still think the Foodsaver bag is the best and you can get them on sale some times at Sam's, Costco and Amazon runs some deals too.

I have a V2420 Foodsaver from Wally World. Some say that the ones from Wally are no good. I have had mine since 6-06 and never had a problem. It gets used about 3-4 or more times a week for every thing. Not just 1 or 2 bags a time, but dozens at a time. I cook for 20 when there is only the 2 of us. :roll:

ScottyDaQ said:
Stay with the Foodsaver brand bags/pouches as well. Don't use the cheap ones! They won't keep a seal.
That's the honest truth! I threw money away on cheap rolls! :evil: Since we live near a cheese factory, I would buy mass quantities of cheese (cheap) and had to reseal them in "real" Foodsaver bags the next day! It sucked. (no pun intended) I leave the bag longer lenth so I can use the bag till the cheese is gone. I put it in the freezer. No worry with cheese as long as its defrosted two or three days in the refrigerator till you use it. If not, it sticks together. (that's no fun! ( :twisted: ) Live and learn. ;)

I was at Sears the other day and they had a foodsaver and one of there own right next to each other. Other than color there was no difference........oh yeah and the price, about $50 cheaper with the sears model.

I've had a couple of foodsavers and they worked ok for a while. Next sealer will be a commercial one from sausage maker.

Uncle Bubba said:
I've had a couple of foodsavers and they worked ok for a while. Next sealer will be a commercial one from sausage maker.
The commerical one from the sausagemaker will go great with your pit. :LOL:

I was just there the other day and picked up some stuff. cool place. Easy to get to. Where do you buy charcoal in that complex?? Told the guy there I knew you and about Puck Q...he got a really good laugh about that.

Uncle Bubba said:
I was just there the other day and picked up some stuff. cool place. Easy to get to. Where do you buy charcoal in that complex?? Told the guy there I knew you and about Puck Q...he got a really good laugh about that.
Yeah he said you were in...you buy charcaol at Willowbroke Farms..its the last building at the end of the complex...at the far left if you are coming from the thruway exit...
Did he take care of you when you told him you knew me?
If not probably next time :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom