UPDATE FROM SQUEEL APPEAL CENTRAL IN DENMARK SC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WalterSC

Head Chef
Ok time for a update first , Niki`s health seems to be improving according to her Cancer Dr. all numbers are improving faster than they anticipated, Niki will be done with Chemo in mid October if all continues. She will have anoither CAT scan to check the area the cancer was in to see if the chemo is doing its thing. Niki thanks all for the prayers, well wishes, and support its been quite a road for us here . Niki`s sister Peri lives with us now and is a great help to Niki.

Comp wise I am going to go against my Orthopedic Surgeon and will try doing a comp before they operate and do a complete left shoulder replacement, yall know they cant keep a BBQ cooker down for long, I have been told that I will be in Richland Memorial Hospital for 2 to 3 weeks for recovery and sent home to do rehab in Denmark that will take 4 to 6 weeks, during this time I will not be able to drive or much elese.
Bad part of that wont be able to fix BBQ at home, Niki can handle light grilling on our gas grill.

And on that note after much dissusion Niki and I have made the decision that our team will be going to all WSM`s for the future. We plan on adding 2 of the new 22 1/2" WSM`s as soon as we can get them , and purchasing a good enclosed trailer to haul everything , willl make it eaiser to get things in and out than having to jump in and out of my F150 Super Crew all the time.

See yall down the BBQ trail!!!

Walter B.

Walter, why the hell or they making spend 3 weeks in the hospital after the surgery? You should be home day after the procedure tops!! :?: :?:

Wow, sounds good for Niki, hope you get out in less than the time they have you scheduled for, sounds like a long time, but, I ain't no doctor...
Good luck with the Comp!!!!!
dj

GL with all that buddy sounds like a handful to be dealing with....

Toby keil said:
We will keep you and Niki in our thoughts and I know you will be back on the BBQ before you know it.

Thanks, the one thing I havent told the Dr yet is I seem to be able to heal faster than they say I will because I will exactly do what they say to do after the surgery.

Back
Top Bottom