TURKEY FRYER

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We don't have a charcoal chimney. When we cook we light a good sized pile of coals, and let them burn to grey, then add our wood chunks or I used good sized piece of hickory on Wed. Then when that starts burning down, we add more unlit coal to the pile. We really don't have any problems holding temperature using Kingsford in this manner and the coals do take off. It's working for us now.

We are going to get a charcoal chimney as soon as we're able to find one or make one, whichever the case may be.

Maybe I'm just lost on the whole conversation again....it jumps around so much!

Hey Jim..glad you stopped by. Great tip on the wrapped vs unwrapped water displacement. Maybe that is why I nearly burnt down my house that time. I prob measured the water whilsts it was still in the wrapper. I only know anytime I mention to the warden about the possibility of frying a turkey she gets all hysterical and starts screaming and crying saying..no no no. Cook it on the smoker. Wimmen are such emotional creatures huh?

bigwheel

BW
I know when mine wants to have a logical conversation she starts it: I feel

Emotional they can be. Seems you can bring it out in male folks from time to time also. :LOL:
Jim

Yeppers..the yankee yups who inhabit this place tends to be purty dang emotional too. Fortunantly I is a sensitive 90's type guy..so I can normally converse with em purty well..cept when it comes to saying stuff they dont want to hear. Whew..they act like a bunch of liberals sometimes huh?

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Yeppers..the yankee yups who inhabit this place tends to be purty dang emotional too. Fortunantly I is a sensitive 90's type guy..so I can normally converse with em purty well..cept when it comes to saying stuff they dont want to hear. Whew..they act like a bunch of liberals sometimes huh?

bigwheel
I feel your pain BW...unfortentually we are in the 2000's :P :D

My wife gives me crap all the time cause when someone ask my opinion, I give it to them. She says it makes them feel bad when I don't tell them what they wanted to hear. OOPs sorry about that.

Jim

jminion said:
My wife gives me crap all the time cause when someone ask my opinion, I give it to them. She says it makes them feel bad when I don't tell them what they wanted to hear. OOPs sorry about that.

Jim
If you don't want to hear it don't ask....I'm the same way...

Great point. Ok I is small town Texas po'white oil field trash. Would you believe that? :LOL:

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Great point. Ok I is small town Texas po'white oil field trash. Would you believe that? :LOL:

bigwheel
Now who would have thunk it? :D BTW...not to start WWIV but the use of the smiley thingies..helps us Yankee Liberals understand when U is ribbing us. ;)

Well see no..yall got it wrong here. Honest appraisals are often not a good plan. You must first determine whether the seeker is after confirmation or whether they axe for information. For example if mama axe you how do her hair look? And you say it "look like caca"..you gonna be in a heap o trouble boy. She natrually wanting you to confirm her theory that it looks real good. Now if some kindly old bag lady come up to you on a street corner and axe you how her hair looks afore she sets off for her jury trial...that would prob be a good time to reveal accurate information. BBQ is notorious for looking for confirmation as opposed to information. Somebody want me to tell the truth they got to get on their knees and beg for hours..then you never know when they lying. Best strategy is just tell everybody its good.

bigwheel

jminion wrote:

Jim

If you don't want to hear it don't ask....I'm the same way...

BW
When the wife asks if her butt looks as big as one that just went by, my standard answer is " No Dear that one is large curd". Seems to make her happy for now. Of course that is subject to change.

Jim

jminion said:
BW
When the wife asks if her butt looks as big as one that just went by, my standard answer is " No Dear that one is large curd". Seems to make her happy for now. Of course that is subject to change.

Jim
Well I told my wife...don't ever ask me if your butt looks big...cuz you might not want to hear the answer...

My ex said she wanted to get a boob job, and I told her to save money
just rub her boobs with toilet paper. She asked why, and I said
" cause it sure did wonders for your as s."

I'm telling you, wives have hated me for years.

Well not sure how I could wiggle into this conversation. If I happen to spot a lady with a largish dirrerriiiee...I liable to let out a Wolf Whistle:) I personally prefer the ones which as my daddy would say when he seen a coola blessed lady wearing tight pants walk by...Dang boy that looked like a big wet cow patty with a wagon track down the middle didnt it? Course as a young and moldable child I would always answer..yeppers..sure do dont it?

bigwheel

Captain Morgan said:
My ex said she wanted to get a boob job, and I told her to save money

:ROFL

Cappy invented alimony ;)

Wittdogs B said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":29tbkw1t]My ex said she wanted to get a boob job, and I told her to save money

:ROFL

Cappy invented alimony ;)[/quote:29tbkw1t]

He should try to improve on it though!

Back
Top Bottom